Author Topic: Diabolo bags  (Read 10894 times)

Dennis

Diabolo bags
« on: January 03, 2008, 02:08:43 pm »
hi!

I'd like to know whether the diabolo bags from Mr. Babache or the diabolo bags in general are good or whether they're quite bad!

I started this new topic because it would be nice to hear some feedbacks from people who have them or who have already used or tried them! ;)

I'm not sure whether I should buy one or not!

Do you think the large or the small ones are better?

Thanks for all your answers,

Dennis
hi! :P

mellowscholar

Re: Diabolo bags
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 02:43:44 pm »
I bought one the other day and I quite like it, I assume it's the large one as it'll hold about four finesse size diabolos and has a top pocket that's big enough for all of my accessories, also my sticks go in the main pocket. Although they are aluminiums and I don't think woodens would have fit in properly. The strap positioning isn't great but I guess you could move it if it really bothered you.

All in all I really like my bag.

relic

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:42:31 pm »
I'm wanting to buy a bag I'm fed up of sticks poking holes in the tops of my rucksacks  :(

Has anyone tried the zogs one? http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/zogs_diabolo_bag.html

How do it and the Mr babache ones compare?

I want something with LOTS of zip pockets, not really bothered about fitting more than two diabolos in, I think It's gonna be quite a while before I need to carry three but I want something that I can also use to store all my bits and pieces cos I'm bored so searching for stuff all the time and losing screws etc...

looby

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:24:24 pm »
Use a tent bag like me.  Holds a couple of staffs, at least five diabolos and as many balls and handsticks as you want.  Very cheap and even comes with a shoulder strap for overarm mountage
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

fzzyrn

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:53:52 pm »
I use a lunchbox for 1d transportation. I'm not that good with 2d yet though.

problem is a lack of stick storage. I'm cheap, so i have the huge wooden ones

relic

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 12:41:27 am »
Use a tent bag like me.  Holds a couple of staffs, at least five diabolos and as many balls and handsticks as you want.  Very cheap and even comes with a shoulder strap for overarm mountage

That's a very good idea, only problem is the lack of side pockets, I suppose I could sew some on, it would still be less work than making my own bag which was my original plan.

aznalien

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 12:53:28 am »
i use those sport backpacks, with the strings as straps... u can stand ur sticks vertically so if theyre too long u can just let the tips stick out of the bag when u tighten them. also i like these bags because u can stand the diabolos both vertically or horizontaly. but the idea and convenience of a diabolo bag does sound nice.. i dont have one so i wouldnt know.
hahaha. TRU DAT BROTHA!

looby

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 01:13:56 am »
Spending £15 on a "diabolo bag" just seems naive.  They'll only be suited for that purpose when you could just spend the money on a large rucksack and have something that is useful for something other than just carrying diabolos or even better spend the money on some brewskis. The only exception to this rule is a tent bag.  Spend the £15 on a cheap jobby from argos take off the bag, put the tent in a couple of carrier bags use it for onventions and you've nailed two birds with one stone.

Amen
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 02:12:30 am »
Just wrap your diabolos around your string and sling it around your back. Easy.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

pippy

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 03:44:54 am »
Use a rucksack! I've never had a problem with it! They have more than one use, as much space as you wish to purchase, easy to carry, looks normal and less geekish, can have many pockets if you really want that sort of thing and they can be cheap!
Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol.

Martin_

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 09:52:05 pm »
I agree with the rucksack. Looks pretty pretencious carring a quaint diabolo bag around. I have a bag with 2 side straps with clips. They hug diabolo's well so have no space issues inside for all my university stuff. One pad of paper and a pen :P.

Hiking backpacks would be good to look at they have plenty space. The holy grail for me would be a laptop bag with space for 3 diabolos, sticks ect. If anyone knows of one that would be fantastic.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 09:25:03 pm »
For sticks, I just stuff them into one of those carbonrolls you use to transport posters in. They are great and with the lids they even look professional 8). If you have protection for your sticks I think pretty much any old bag will do.

Nahxela

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 06:49:05 am »
Essentially any bag with a strap and some sort of fastening device is going to be better, since you're bound to have extras lying around your house, and you won't have to waste money on a diabolo bag...

Backpacks, sports bags, and the like all work fine... Why bother getting a diabolo bag?
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Martin_

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 06:37:55 pm »
While on the topic, can anyone reccommend a good big hiking style backpack, I have a fair bit of juggling stuff now and most rucksacks dont do the job.
I have a sports bag at the moment but single strap and it kills my shoulder.

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 07:45:42 pm »
yep I can martin, I shall chat to you "in person"

Darragh

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 11:21:48 pm »
I use a 25 Ltr jansport backpack
it has all my diabolo kit in it
3 finesse
2 light kits with chargers
a 25 mtr spool of string
my sticks
2  5mil alan keys and screwdriver for lights.
a portable dvd player with charger
diabology dvd and another dvd i made with loads of clips from various tutorial sites.

and still some room for other things
From lost to the river

The_Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 07:16:59 pm »
Hello,
I've seen all the bags and stuff but i really did just wonder, Diabolo cases??
Because you know them brief cases with the metal round them wouldn't it be cool to have a cylinder one to store 2d in!!!

Ha ha thanks

Tris (The_Matrix)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 09:14:20 pm »
Like a yoyo case?

I suppose it could work, although diabolos wouldn't fit in lengthway probably and they're kinda big so you couldn't exactly fit a lot in there. Besides diabolos are fairly damage resistant so they wouldn't need a metal case, although tehy would look the business :)

All that said, Tony has a diabolo case in Diabology...
Behind your back is your front.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 02:17:50 pm »
i still fail to see whats wrong with a rucksack there multi perpose and dont make you look like a fool.

(sorry tony but its true)

mofro
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

CirqueKid

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 09:06:47 am »
I bought one of the "official" diabolo bags (4D by Babache), mainly to show people that, "Yes, it is more popular and less lame than it looks, because they make official storage bags for these"  ;)

No, but really, it is pretty nice, can fit four of my Finesses, my carbon sticks have to stick out of the main compartment, but it's still okay, and all of my accessories fit in the top quite easily (I've even started storing other things in the top like yo-yos and juggling balls for transport, too, because of the extra room).

Overall I would say it's not quite perfect yet, but pretty good.
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]