Author Topic: Birmingham Ballring - 16th February, 2008  (Read 7095 times)

Nick

• Donator
Birmingham Ballring - 16th February, 2008
« on: January 07, 2008, 04:05:39 pm »
No plug for this yet:

Ballring 2008
When: 10 am - 8 pm. 16th February, 2008.
Where: Guild of Students, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston Park Road, Edgbaston (just off Bristol Road in Selly Oak).
Cost: £5 including show ticket (£3 for convention only).
One day Juggling convention organised by the University of Birmingham's circus club (Purple Mermaid). Multiple juggling rooms, renegade show, professional show, games, traders, workshops and a student bar!

Vux in the show, too!
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
Re: Birmingham Ballring - 16th February, 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 03:46:22 pm »
im gunna see what i can do  ;)

ill try to convince ma frend to take me because vux is there
Sideways is rubbish

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 04:30:53 pm »
ill be there

Martin_

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 01:40:26 pm »
look forward to it

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 08:39:50 pm »
lift funty??
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 03:03:45 pm »
if you get to stoke or birmingham...

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 03:55:26 pm »
y u no like?
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 11:10:14 pm »
ROLL CALL BITCHES!

who's going to this mofo?

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

seán_

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 11:22:21 pm »
Nev's offered me a lift so that should be some of the Manc contingent on it's way.

john_s

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 11:27:40 pm »
i'll be there as usual, always a pretty decent convention.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 04:44:14 am »
See you guys there in a few hours *yawn*

Martin_

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 12:12:34 am »
Good times, love the whole convention atmosphere. Incase somone who hadn't met me before was there, I had the blueish hair and slightly worried expression.

Nice to see everyone, and meet new people.

john_s

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 09:43:15 am »
Another good yet poorly attended Brum convention! It always baffles me how few people turn up, still, mightily enjoyed myself even if the old shoulder injury started giving me grief towards my departing time anyway. Good to see you all again, learned some nice string rejections from Nick (and actually remembered them this time) and thanks to Duncan for helping me out on a few bits and pieces that were giving me grief.

And my much appreciation to Mark_BMC and his lady for feeding me tasty exotic European food, it was ruddy lovely. See you all again mighty soon.

/John, searching for "dead wrestler montage" on google

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 11:11:02 am »
yes it was very good fun indeed, highlights for me include "The Dunc", Mark BMC running over a guys (i forget the name of) bag, the poet being all messed up at the curry afterwards and of course meeting old and new faces, conventions rock my world. i'm sure there's more when i remember ill update:)

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 04:04:44 pm »
hello to you all on this fine Sunday.

BULLRING 2008 REVIEW!

I turned up late and can only assume I missed...

1)-large demonstration by all the diaboloists demanding "diabolo in a box" be added to the games, as its the major reason that we all go to conventions.
2)-labger$ezezz incorporating movement and physical theater into 1diabolo workshop.

By the time I turned up, things had settled down to their usual rhythm 5 to ten diabolists all in one corner happily diaboloing away. All went well, until in the interest of anglo-canadian releations me and Ruth gave duncan a lift to his penthouse hotel. when I got back I couldn't find my black circus, nothing new -  but it never terned up, so if anybody accidentally packed it, give me a holler or if your less hiphop or just a little shy a PM.

I have stopped mourning and have now taken it as a sign that bog thinks I should get new diabolo's. I really liked the venue for this convention. Cool main hall [if a little small] nice bar where I could wupp martin at pool and get told to stop diaboloing the moment I pick one up, after watching people in their diabolo for an hour? random, and also a SUBWAY! all in the same building genius.!

after a chill and a weep for my departed blacky mc circus it was off to renegade. After watching some fun and not to intimidating  diabolo acts and a few beers it was time for  TEAM .cA to take the stage, this included the first uk performance by duncans alter ego THE DUNK! myself mark bmc and a badly pronounced funty and langley due to the compare not being able to understand my northan accent.

I was rubbish [I have excuses but wont bother]
Funty was the crowd favorite
mr Langley [i dont like attention ow go on them ill just go on stage twice ow i happen to have a bearing routene ready] was the most impressive.
and "THE DUNK" was a Revelation in showbiz and performance that would put tony freedbourg to shame.

It was a laugh apart from having to either perform to one basement jaxxs song or Babylon by David (soon to be a kebab man) grey.

anyway traditional plus and minus points

-meeting up with all my pals, nice to see john S and being able to introduce him to new cultural experiences it baffles me how a man can survive on football, cuppa soups, and beating up midgets for a life.

- running over some guys bag [if you put your bag under the wheel of a mighy 0.9 stalion like my fiat it aint gonna end well for your clubs.

- everybody at purple mermaid juggling being so nice in helping me to find my diabolo [sniff sniff]

-team.Ca rocking the stage

-subway in the building

-my shot on the black.

minus points

-old blacky getting nicked!!!

-getting lost with duncan

-looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong game's no diabolo in a box

-Vux looking abit under the weather and dropping allot, all the best as I dig his style and he is a nice bloke.

I had a really fun convention and can't wait for the bjc it shall be large. anybody got photo's?

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 05:07:31 pm »
it was all about "The Dunk" really boys wasn't it, funty's trick that which to be honest is less of a trick and more of an evolutionary masterpiece that one day i'm sure will be used to take over the diabolo world. LIVE IN FEAR

smooth convention, shady poet,

team.ca should have been in the show really, sorry vux

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:24:06 pm »
I guess I'm late posting my highlights, but here they are:

Meeting some new people (Nick, John and Martin_); hanging with some old people (Langerz, Sean_, Nev, Funty, Mark BMC); discovering that half-string play is the future of diabolo; Mark's 80 quid car nearly destroying 800 quid of juggling equipment; team.ca jam on renegade stage with bad music; THE FUNTY COMPOUND BOW (and the 3 minutes leading up to the actual trick); Arron Sparks and Jeanine Ebnöther's amazing acts; getting lost in an 80 quid car; The Void's epic kendama tower.

Vux's act was very droppy unfortunately. You had to feel for the guy since you could see where the trick was going to go and him just missing the finish. I'd love to see it solid - I'm sure the stuff would blow me away.

Pretty good convention altogether. No photos for Mark unfortunately :(

-Duncan

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 06:31:40 pm »
i've managed to get it down too 2 minutes 47 seconds now!!!! thank god for bearings:) i forgot to mention the quarter of an hour i spent trying to get my trick on nevs camera (thanks for trying nev) and failing miserably then managing to get it most other times:).

Niclas

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 07:08:05 pm »
Any video of team.ca performance?
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 08:19:32 pm »
Another fun convention. Its always nice to catch up with people and good to see some new faces, too. I came away with some new ideas to work on and a real sense of excitement for this year's BJC. Too bad I missed Renegade.ca and Vux. Some of the sliding string stuff he was working on during the day was looking really interesting.

...the quarter of an hour i spent trying to get my trick on nevs camera...
The trick I saw is too epic to be constrained by mere celluloid. It needs to be experienced first hand to truly get a sense of its majesty.

Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)