Author Topic: A friendly competition  (Read 11275 times)

TomMiller

A friendly competition
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:56:08 pm »
Hey there, Me and niclas was talking on msn and we made a competition on who is the best  in 3dlow at march and Niclas said all of diabolo.ca can be judges ;D

so in march we will post videos and anyone can just join up just post on here :)
Good luck ;)

We will make a youtube account then tell the people the password and they can upload

Just PM me or or Niclas and we  will add you to the list :) and the closing date is 25th of march

Have fun
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

Niclas

Re: A friendly competition
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:04:34 pm »
The competition is not how many otts you can do.
It is who are best with 3d low, all here can vote. Like Tom said.
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 10:27:22 pm »
I guess you can sign me up, I'm still learning three diabolos but in march I should at least have the shuffle
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 10:53:47 pm »
no tom

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 10:58:02 pm »
Tom, really brave to conquer 3d before 25th of march but I'm under the impression that you rush through everything without taking time to get comfortable with tricks ánd skipping some keytricks. It's ofcourse your own decision but I think it'd really be a shame if you turned into a style lacking number whore.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Niclas

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:59:46 pm »
I dont going to be a number diaboloist ;)

I join ;)
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 11:45:32 pm »
likewise no tom
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Niclas

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 12:03:18 am »
You can't compete if you allready have a solid shuffle.
This competition is motivation for you to start with 3d.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 01:35:54 am »
so whats the point then?
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Squiggle

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 02:17:19 am »

William

• VotW Contributor
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

pippy

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 04:26:26 am »
It has no point, many people have solid shuffles that are barely distinguishable from another.  So what would you mark them on?
Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol.

Niclas

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 10:00:46 am »
so whats the point then?

To see who has muchest succes with their 3d practice.

Beni

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 10:45:18 am »
To be fair guys, this is a personal competition between Tom and Niclas. He only posted it incase someone wanted to join in, and to ask for judgement. Now considering that being a judge is not too stenuous, I don't think it's too tall an order. I know it's not the world's most thought out competition, but we as spectators can see how it goes, and when we get the videos we'll probably be able to tell who's better.(Niclas)

Beni
(No Tom :D)

Niclas

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 10:50:21 am »
Good post Beni.
Eric moffet compete also with us.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 11:14:27 am »
If you guys are going to be rude about it, you don't have to bother opening up this thread. All that's happening is a friendly competition to see who can make the most progress.

My advice to you competitors, however, is to not spend every waking moment practicing 3d, as there are tons of other things to explore. When I started practicing 3d, I found that it became more fun to practice 1 and 2 because there were way more things to find out - notwithstanding the fact that I actually felt progress by going back to 1 and 2 rather than continually failing at 3. By the time I ended up figuring out 3low, I had a nice solid base with 1 and 2 tricks to go with a sketchy 3d shuffle.

Likely, you guys might find yourselves learning more about 1 and 2 as you try 3, so I won't say you shouldn't work on 3. Just remember that there's a whole lot more to diabolo than getting up to 3 - the value of 1 and 2 diabolo skills will far outweigh the ability to do 3.

That said, enjoy trying 3 diabolos! It's a long, painful, crying-yourself-to-sleep process. I'd also not try to take the March deadline too seriously... aim for later in the year.

-Duncan

Beni

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 11:20:44 am »
That's the reason why I'm not going to join.
I've hardly got anywhere with 3d, but my 1d has slowly been edging towards the slack/knot style, and my 2d's been progressing steadily. You may find you get real bored of this competition and end up with a cool fan combo or something.

Beni

Squiggle

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 11:59:30 am »
I'll join.   No idea why, But may aswell?

:blt:

TomMiller

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 12:06:52 pm »
To be fair guys, this is a personal competition between Tom and Niclas. He only posted it incase someone wanted to join in, and to ask for judgement. Now considering that being a judge is not too stenuous, I don't think it's too tall an order. I know it's not the world's most thought out competition, but we as spectators can see how it goes, and when we get the videos we'll probably be able to tell who's better.(Niclas)

Beni

(No Tom :D)

You are exactly right, me and Niclas  had a competition on who gets most improvement, then Niclas asked me to post it on D.ca so i did,
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 12:50:36 pm »
If you guys are going to be rude about it, you don't have to bother opening up this thread. All that's happening is a friendly competition to see who can make the most progress.

My advice to you competitors, however, is to not spend every waking moment practicing 3d, as there are tons of other things to explore. When I started practicing 3d, I found that it became more fun to practice 1 and 2 because there were way more things to find out - notwithstanding the fact that I actually felt progress by going back to 1 and 2 rather than continually failing at 3. By the time I ended up figuring out 3low, I had a nice solid base with 1 and 2 tricks to go with a sketchy 3d shuffle.

Likely, you guys might find yourselves learning more about 1 and 2 as you try 3, so I won't say you shouldn't work on 3. Just remember that there's a whole lot more to diabolo than getting up to 3 - the value of 1 and 2 diabolo skills will far outweigh the ability to do 3.

That said, enjoy trying 3 diabolos! It's a long, painful, crying-yourself-to-sleep process. I'd also not try to take the March deadline too seriously... aim for later in the year.

-Duncan

That is exactly right. i would join, but after 10 months of practice and not much progress i would feel too pressured. why feel pressured to practice 3d all the time when i could practice 2d or 1d, which ATM i prefer much more. (btw i am the person that will was talking about with 10 months of practice but not much progress)

And what is the purpose of having judges? surely the person with the most OTTs is the winner?