Author Topic: Where to buy?  (Read 3570 times)

~james~

Where to buy?
« on: January 13, 2008, 06:23:25 am »
Hi Diabolo.ca. Ok, im just about to buy some new equipment - ive decided on 2x Henry Circuses, a pair of aluminium handsticks and a ball for doing contact juggling (not sure what yet). So i know what i want to get but not where to get it from... i was just wondering what everyones favorite shops were. Im particularly interested in Australian and USA shops online (because the aussie dollar is so strong against the american dollar right now). So could you guys tell me what your favorite shop is and why as well as some info like if their shipping costs are expensive ect.
Thanks  :)
James
If you dont like my driving... get off the sidewalk!!!

Squiggle

Re: Where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:40:24 am »
I'd go with Firetoys. (UK)  www.firetoys.co.uk
Oddballs(UK)  www.oddballs.co.uk

Or if you want Australia JuggleArt.  www.juggleart.com

Or another Australian site I think with what you need.. www.circusstuff.com.au

Look around,   Find out what will be cheapest with shipping etc :D

(I know juggleart is free shipping to Australia, But not sure on international orders)

~james~

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:56:15 am »
Thanks Jake
CircusStuff is looking pretty good and i just found an american store, jugglingstore.com , which is quite a bit cheaper (+ shipping  >:()

Kingsid3

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 09:28:17 am »
I do contact juggling more than i do diabolo, if you are just sarting look into buying a stage ball or 2 or if you really want, an acrilic.Sizes is down to personal prefence i have a 75mm stage and a 100mm stage balls and a 65mm translucent yellow acrilic. i woul recomend getting stage balls first because other wise the nice big shiney ball you buy will look rubbish coverd it scrachtes.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 10:29:52 am »
The IJDB vendors site is particularly useful if you want to see the wide range of shops available to you, James.

-Duncan

aznalien

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 11:29:06 pm »
i personally like jugglingstore.com. theyre shiping is good and fairly quick (without express optiions and stuff.) ive gotten 2 finesse, alu. sticks, string, n other accesories from jugglingstore.com. and they all came in perfect condition.
however im not sure if jugglingstore is the cheapest place to get a circus... im notsure about tht..
hahaha. TRU DAT BROTHA!

~james~

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 05:22:29 am »
well im choosing between jugglingstore.com and juggleart.com.au... jugglingshops shipping is gonna be pretty expensive to Australia, about 50USD! The thing is they are alot cheaper... circus is 44USD which is about 51USD instead of 65AUD  :-\... but ive got 24 hours till my credit card clears so ill figure what would be cheaper overall today. thanks for everyones responses.
James

allsoppy5

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:30:19 am »
I'd say...
For British buyers Firetoys.com or butterfingers.co.uk

Tomko401

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 12:08:17 am »
Good place for American Buyers, JugglingStore.com
TOMKO

djooker

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 11:14:15 am »
Me I prefer oddballs for diabolos because they`ve got the best prices compared to other websites and they ship fast too.. [links removed]
cheers

Mod edit - Sean:
Well, it's nice to know you think that djooker. Would also have been nice to mention that you work for Oddballs.
http://www.jugglingdb.com/members/details.php?id=7805

Monkey

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 12:10:39 pm »
I've been using www.jugglebuddies.com

their service is fantastic

JimmyCords.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 08:51:44 am »
For buying actual diabolos (not the accessories), im a www.firetoys.co.uk man. I live in Australia and ive found that 2 finesses from there costs about $45AUD each (including shipping). Which is alot cheaper than juggleart which is $65AUD/finesse. My advice, just look round for different shops, figure everything out. A path will soon become clear to you my young padawan...
Say Whaaaat?

Xev

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 12:15:49 pm »
Look at the post dates. He's probably figured out where he wants to buy from. :-\

JimmyCords.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 12:45:21 pm »
Haha true, but still its just a general opinion that hopefully other ppl in the future could benefit from... :-[
Say Whaaaat?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 01:43:10 pm »
Look at the post dates. He's probably figured out where he wants to buy from. :-\
Yes, this 3 month old thread was revived by spam masquerading as an honest opinion from an impartial member. Perhaps I should have just deleted it.

There is no need to help James anymore, and given the diversity of members we have, a link to http://www.jugglingdb.com/vendors/ is all that is needed.

I like to think we support all sorts of vendors... not just some of the big ones mentioned here. Best thing to do is buy from as local a shop as you can.