Author Topic: Matt Hall's Juggling Odyssey  (Read 5921 times)

Matt

• VotW Contributor
Matt Hall's Juggling Odyssey
« on: February 23, 2005, 11:56:33 pm »
Hi everyone!

I have had a kick-ass February and I want to share it with everyone I met during my travels.  Basically, I did three festivals in three weekends:

Scottish Festival in Glasgow, followed by Austin Juggle Fest in Texas, followed by Mondo XVI in Minnesota.

I put up pictures and fest reviews (kind of) at my website:

http://scweb.esuhsd.org/programs/jugglesensei/jugphotos.html

Mainly, this notice is for all of y'all who I met and who wanted pictures from me.  Still, if you want to see pictures of, or read descriptions of 3 AWESOME festivals (first time for me to each), then check it out.  

Now I enter festival limbo until Stevenson Toss-Up in May.  Ugh.  

Peace,

Matt
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

Martijn

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 07:37:06 am »
Nice photos Matt, seems like you had a wonderfull time there :D
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 08:47:20 am »
Great pictures, great times. Thanks for sharing!

Shall I enter some people into the dirty diabolo contest or will the shameless contestants enter themselves with those photos. :)

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 09:51:47 am »
That doesn't seem to want to load at the moment.  I guess that's a temporary problem though, as it's clearly worked for other people.

It was great to see you again in Glasgow, anyway.  I still haven't ploughed through all that video footage, but I'll be on it soon!  The excalibur (yuk to the name  :wink:  ) stuff is disappointingly dark, but I think I can still get something useful out of it.

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 12:54:08 pm »
Quote from: barnesy
That doesn't seem to want to load at the moment.  I guess that's a temporary problem though, as it's clearly worked for other people.

It isn't a temporary problem for me though, Matt's website has NEVER worked for me, not for the past 2 years or so.

Talking of a Juggling Odyssey, here in the UK plenty of us have been to 4 conventions in the past 5 weekends. My schedule this spring was/is a bit like this:

chocfest
Bradford
Scottish
- a weekend off!
Birmingham
Dutch Juggling Championships
Nottingham
- a weekend off!
Shefcon
- a weekend off!
British Juggling Convention!

After that I have plans.
Luke

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 03:48:12 pm »
Ah!  It's come back for me now!

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 03:50:33 pm »
It isn't a temporary problem for me though, Matt's website has NEVER worked for me, not for the past 2 years or so.

Dear Barnesy and Luke,

The server I'm using is my school's server, so it's a bit ghetto--prone to shut downs, redirects, and just plain shenanigans.  Sorry about that--it's free, so that's what I use.  

I'm especially bummed that you can't see it Luke, as there's one or two pictures of you on there I thought you might like.  I wonder why it never works for you.  It's up right now, and I checked the link, so I'm stumped as to why you can't view the site.  

Lastly, Luke, Mike A. e-mailed me about his list of festivals as well.  The Brits and Euro folk definitely have it better than us poor Yanks.  You listed about 3 fests that I'd love to go to, especially the Dutch one.  You lucky bugger... :wink:

Matt

Martijn

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 05:14:05 pm »
Quote from: Matt
You listed about 3 fests that I'd love to go to, especially the Dutch one.  You lucky bugger... :wink:

Yeah! The Netherlands rule!  :P

Arjan

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 05:34:14 pm »
You mean the yearly dutch convention? You should come, and maybe contact them about you performing there! I would like to see some American diaboloists there.

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 06:16:42 pm »
No I don't think so Arjan. Luke wrote:

" ...
Dutch Juggling Championships
... "

So I think Matt Hall means he would like to come to the Championships, or am I wrong Matt?

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 06:54:04 pm »
Basically, I'm ready to go wherever someone would like to have me.  If that's the Dutch festival, cool.  If that's the Dutch championships (is that held at a different event?), cool.  

I only contact festival organizers if I know they might be interested in having me.  Most of my invites have come unsolicited and that's good for me because I know I'm not forcing myself on anyone.  

Nevertheless, if you think I may be a worthy candidate for any fests in your area, let me know and I'll do some exploring.  I'd love to come over, that much is certain.

Cheers,

Matt

Martijn

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 07:30:19 pm »
Yes, we would like to see you at Dutch conventions, Matt! But, the Dutch Championships are only for Dutch people :roll:

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 08:05:36 pm »
Dutch Championships=Dutch jugglers

Hmm....I should have known...haha :D

Nevertheless, I still want to come to a festival in your neck of the woods...for sure!

Matt

Martijn

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 08:50:11 pm »
Yes :wink: Luke is asked to come as a judge, so it would be nice to have such a nice creative juggler in our jury! :D

Quote from: Matt
Nevertheless, I still want to come to a festival in your neck of the woods...for sure!

hmmm, what do you mean? That you like to come to The Dutch Juggling convention? (5, 6, 7 and 8 Mai 2005 => www.jongleerfestival.nl )

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 10:57:22 pm »
I would love to come to the Dutch Juggling Convention.  My May calendar is open!  Do you think I should contact the organizers?

As for judging the competitions, Luke's a great choice.  

Matt

Martijn

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 08:43:41 am »
Yeah, that's great Matt! :D I think you can ask the organizers :)  At least I would love to have such a famous diabolist at our Dutch Juggling Convention!

You know what, I'll ask them :wink: