Author Topic: IJA 2008  (Read 3623 times)

IJA 2008
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:33:41 am »
I was wondering who else would be going to the IJA this 2008, and wondered if anyone from outside of the US is planning on coming(That would be awesome, plus for all you in europe, it should be pretty unexpensive considering how much more the pound and euro are to the dollar now.
The IJA will be hosted in Lexington, Kentucky, on July 14-20.
You can camp out at this convention.
http://www.juggle.org/

aya

Re: IJA 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 03:33:46 pm »
I'll be there for sure!!! I think Ted Joblin will be there as he lives close by. How 'bout you Tom B? and you Ben? we had a nice little diab crew last year. I know Matt Hall is out on account of all his other travels (EJC etc...) so that's a bit of a bummer. Only a week away!!! see you there.

Ethan

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:53:02 pm »
dammit i cant go, it would be hard for me to get down there anyway, but its nice to have the option, theres always hitchhiking....
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 05:40:59 am »
Me and Nate are competing in Teams. Won't get there till Thursday though. I might do a solo in Cascade of Stars.... and we'll teach workshops in what little time we have
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

aya

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:35:44 pm »
Sweet, looking forward to seeing you guys in person. Good luck with teams, we'll be rooting for yas

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 09:20:47 pm »
I'm sad, I won't be making it I was looking forward for a long time. Though I will probably be going to WJF5
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 09:52:07 pm »
Posted from: http://diabolo.ca/ija-2008-photos/
----
Jason Paul posted some great photos of IJA 2008 on rec.juggling. There are quite a few photos of diaboloists, including the Sharpe brothers, in the Individuals and Teams Competition and Cascade of Stars sections. I even spotted a photo of Ted, a fellow Canadian diaboloist.
---
Ted, you out there?

Congrats to our Sharpes!

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 10:39:13 am »
The Sharpe boys only look slightly pleased with themselves.

-Duncan

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 11:02:28 am »
Agreed. Nate surely does look happy to be alive.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 04:09:37 pm »
The Sharpe boys only look slightly pleased with themselves.
Ha! Well, Nate is holding a trophy the height of his torso!

It looks like the diabolo was done proud in quantity and quality at the IJA fest this year. It's amazing how the IJA seems to appeal to so many Asian groups every year. If we could, we'd have a party on the forum to celebrate the teams win... but, um, I'm at a loss for ideas.

aya

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 04:16:26 pm »
I'm back home and I'm still worn out, I guess that's what you get for staying up until 4am every night for a week only to wake up at 9 to get to a workshop. It was a great time and the level of diabolo skill was super high. I have a nice video of Jacob running 4 high and another of him running three of those Henry's micro diabolos with some help from Ben. The Sharpe Bros offered two workshops at the fest. the first was two person diaboloing. the main thing that I got from this workshop was that 2 person diabolo is a rich area to explore, take 2 people 1 diab and 1 set of sticks and there's tons of ideas that can come from this configuration now add another set of sticks....now add another diab..etc...one of the the hightlights of the fest for me was passing 4 passes of vertax back to back with big Ben (after taking one in the head) the 2nd workshop was dedicated to 3 diabs high and low...lots for me to work on there. So a big thank you to Nate and Jacob for their openness to sharing (truly nice guys) and to Ted, Ben, Rick, Team TPEC, the Japanese kids and all the other Diaboloists that we're there.

I Hope the rest of you can come out next year!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 12:19:38 am »
I was the one hanging around ted and passing with him in the 2 person workshop....if you have any photos of that.