Author Topic: MR Babache Perfomer sticks  (Read 12366 times)

jammy

MR Babache Perfomer sticks
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 02:43:10 pm »
i would't mind a pair of sticks thats light,and that doest bend!
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 03:27:59 pm »
Quote from: Ginger_Tom
just out of interest, can you still buy the MB performer sticks from anywhere, as I believe they are the sticks Antonin and JiBe with the big coned end tips and wouldnt mind a pair.

Umm, HELLO!? :) Almost nobody uses the performer sticks any more. Those guys use the MB Xtremes.

In my opinion, the performers are some of the worst sticks on the market, xtremes some of the best.

Performers are super long with big heavy grips and ends that accidentally pull out.
Xtremes (although they use the same tube) are shorter, lighter, much more elegant (and have ends that don't pull out but snap with the slightest provocation).

Now, don't ever again confuse the two! :P

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 03:36:20 pm »
I'll agree with sean, I could say more bad stuff about them but instead I'm going to sum them up in one word.Crap!
Behind your back is your front.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 10:59:42 am »
If you're really interested, I believe Butterfingers still have some.  I recall a guy buying some during the summer from there.  Why I don't know, people should really discuss things before they throw money away.

But if I were MB, I'd have stopped production a long time ago.  One of those, "it seemed like a good idea at the time" things.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

eggy900

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 11:05:33 am »
i have some but i only like to use them with my fire diabolo, otherwise i use my extreme or energy sticks

Mr_Mistoffelees

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 02:05:07 pm »
I have some, and the only thing i found they've helped me with were 2d corrections.  I'd got my Henry's alu and not used the MB Performers for ages but for some strange reason i started using the MBs for 2d.  It made corrections with my Circus' much easier for some reason, I think because they are thicker.  After learning with the MBs it was much easier to do with the Henry's, so now i'm back to them and the MBs are sitting in a cupboard again :D

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 03:01:03 pm »
lol cheers sean, but im sure that the sticks on diabology arnet x-tremes. They're about the same size, but theyre black with big coned end tips. they sortof look like a fat version of the diabolo wand.
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 03:23:09 pm »
Not sure whose sticks you're talking about. Maybe Antonin's sticks? His sticks were homemade and black. They were a bit shorter and smaller than most sticks I believe. Likewise Vux's sticks were homemade. Baptiste's sticks were homemade. Was JiBe still using wood at the time? I can't remember. Everyone else's sticks were Henry's aluminum or carbon fiber if I remember correctly.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 07:25:59 pm »
Quote from: Sean
Not sure whose sticks you're talking about. Maybe Antonin's sticks? His sticks were homemade and black. They were a bit shorter and smaller than most sticks I believe. Likewise Vux's sticks were homemade. Baptiste's sticks were homemade. Was JiBe still using wood at the time? I can't remember.
From what I can see, JiBe was still using wood with a hole in the end at the time.

Trash made his own sticks as well didn't he?  And Antonin didn't have Xtremes that long ago (was almost 3 years), definitely homemade.

Chiok

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 09:23:05 pm »
it was mentioned some time ago that trash used homemade sticks a while BEFORE diabology

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 12:47:04 pm »
Yes, you do remember correctly Sean, and I wouldnt mind plans for Antonins, Vux, and baptistes stick cos they look awesome!!
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

karl e dangerous

Re: MR Babache Perfomer sticks
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2007, 09:55:06 pm »
i use mb energy sticks ther amazin the give good speed fab grinds and are very comfortable
sorry for my bad grammer

Chiok

• Donator
Re: MR Babache Perfomer sticks
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 11:17:06 am »
Just for your information;

The Mister Babache Performer sticks were an earlier attempt at a diabolo handstick by the Swiss company.  They were overall, pretty pants for todays styles but a welcome change from traditional wooden sticks.  They did have the string coming out of the tip which was nice and the stick was hollow so would have been lighter, if it wasn't so long and the handle foam wasn't so big.

Fortunately they have now burned them all and their newest generation of sticks seem to be doing the business.

Chiok