Author Topic: Yoho Modifications  (Read 4217 times)

Punkerpanda

Yoho Modifications
« on: March 05, 2005, 08:22:00 pm »
Some of you who use yoho diabolos might have noticed that they tend to just turn, which is very problimatic in performances.

i was getting tired of that, but since i like my superspins that much and i wanted to use them for performances i set out to find a solution.
after talking to my dad we noticed that the axle is smooth unlike my circus and finesse which are have a groove in them. the smooth surface lets the string slide around and touch the cups, making the rotate.

our first attemp of making a groove in the axle of the yoho was a small failure, it did the job, but we cut to deep so the oil from the axle got onto the string, not good.

after a while at juggling club somebody at juggling club with an actual lathe and skills said he could do it, and so i got my yohos modified.

what he did is use a felt pen to mark the excact middle of the yoho you want to modify since we noticed that they're not excactly the proportional.

a week later he made a very nice little groove on my superspin so now i have the advantage of the ball and bearing axle, but without the annoying turn factor.

not quite sure why i posted this, just thought it might be helpful for people trying to find a solution for that problem and dont want to use washers(which i think is what some people used).

i just wich they would make some white yohos.

David LH

Yoho Modifications
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 12:12:28 am »
nice idea, i will have to suggest it to David over at YoHo in Australia. Perhaps he will take the idea up and modify the design.

For those of you that have shown interest in the YoHo Jumbos (as used by Ryo Yabe  :D ) i will be bringing some along to Shefcon as well as Perth, hehe so have £13.99 at the ready  :P

David
So thats how you do three diabolos!

Sean

• Administrator
Yoho Modifications
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 08:22:11 am »
OK, so that brings up a question I've had for a while - is there a groove in the YoHo jumbo axle? Every time I've had the opportunity to try out Ryo's diabolos I've forgotten to check.  :roll:

Interesting notes on the modification of the Yoho axle. That is the main advantage of the Spintastic spinabolos - the normal grooved axle.

I explained how I used the washers in the second page of this thread:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=91

... although that had to do with an off balance diabolo - not a problem with the axle.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Yoho Modifications
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 04:15:49 pm »
Is it possible to get the yoho jumbos online? I tried ryo's at WJF and they were real nice, especially for sprinklers.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

seán_

Yoho Modifications
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 04:31:14 pm »
Yoho diabolos available from

http://www.yoho.com.au/  for Australia and rest of the world
www.diaboloshop.co.uk  for UK and Europe
http://www.higginsbrothers.com for the Americas (and other places I suppose)

Hope that helps

Seán (using the board search function so you dont have to ;) )