Author Topic: Workhouse Festival - 4th till 6th July - Llanlyllin, Powys  (Read 1456 times)

looby

• Donator
Workhouse Festival - 4th till 6th July - Llanlyllin, Powys
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:32:41 pm »
http://www.workhousefestival.co.uk/

Although I missed out last year due to tickets selling out I have been assured this festival was immense from a number of people.

It's pretty much a massive gathering of quality reggae, funk, ska and soul bands over four days.  There is always a prop workshop throughout the four days and loads of space for juggling.  2006 saw perfect weather with last year being a wash out but according to my colleagues was still a wicked few days.

Have a look at the site and youtube workhouse festival for some reference.  As described on its facebook event, its basically a very casual rave in a field.  Someone compared it to Play festival so there's some source of comparison if you're familiar with it.

£40 for the 4 days is dirt cheap for the variety of bands on show. I'm heading over with a twenty strong army (non jugglers) so wouldnt mind some company for having a wee sesh.

I cant say if this clashes with anything else.  If it does you know what to do ;)

Ta
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

looby

• Donator
Re: Workhouse Festival - 4th till 6th July - Llanlyllin, Powys
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 10:30:14 pm »
Doesnt seem like there's much interest but just so you know tickets for this are on sale Monday 24th March at £55 for the entire three days.

Hopefully see some of you there.
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!