14 (3.5%)
Yoho / Diabig (ratchet)
2 (0.5%)
4 inch diabolo (jazz...)
21 (5.3%)
Other
32 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 347

Author Topic: Favourite Diabolo Poll 2005-2007  (Read 42322 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: Favourite Diabolos
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2007, 04:49:44 pm »

i still dont get what the difference is between en diabolo and a yoho >:(

< sarcasm>Well a diabolo is the general term for two cups and an axel (respect) and YOHO is the brand name of a diabolo manufacturer.< /sarcasm>

I'll assume you meant YOHO and a Diabig ;)
Basically it's just the name. Some people reckon that Diabig's are more stable but in my opinion the difference is minimal.
Behind your back is your front.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2007, 05:32:52 am »
im starting to really not like my yohos!!! so wonky, ive tried putting good cups on one diabolo, which kinda worked, means one diabolo is almost unusable. cant decide if i want circus' or finesses, both have pros and cons. were getting a mass load of yoho stock soon, so i might just choose some good balanced ones.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 07:58:14 am »
changing my mind again. ive been playing with finesses and harlequins, and finesse sucks! too narrow in the centre and total width. harlequins are ok.
what are the pros and cons of circus' (before i buy 3 of them) ;)

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 12:15:11 pm »
Well recently I was using some jumbo Yoho's that had grooves in the axle. I think they felt really smooth.

And also Miesta. Can you still buy Jumbo Yohos directly from Yoho? Cause I can't find anywhere to order from on the site. If not where? And what colours do they have available?

Cheers.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Rastaman

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 01:58:51 pm »

what are the pros and cons of circus' (before i buy 3 of them)

Henrys circus.
Pros:
Nice speed maintaining.
Strong axles.
Good bowl material.
Good balance and good axle and bowl connector (The ring that is under the screw inside the bowl)

Cons:
Stock axle is narrow.
Stock axle eats string :)
Metal axle may damage sticks on grind.

Cant think much more cons or pros about my little sweety  ;D (Henrys Circus black). But there are always pros and cons for all types of diabolos so you just have to find the best for you  :) Hope i gave some good advice.
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2007, 11:49:30 pm »
thanks capt jack, why does it chew up string? is it rough?

Well recently I was using some jumbo Yoho's that had grooves in the axle. I think they felt really smooth.

And also Miesta. Can you still buy Jumbo Yohos directly from Yoho? Cause I can't find anywhere to order from on the site. If not where? And what colours do they have available?

is this a trick question, even im getting confused with the differences in yoho, diabig, jumbo. i thought they all had grooves in the axle. i think yoho just say you can buy them at toyshops like toyworld (but they only sell small). we sell large yohos for A$40 in...blue, green, red, orange, yellow, black, glow, sometimes white, and purple glitter. site is www.psycus.com, but its getting old and there are no contact details there.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 03:42:37 am »
Okay Cheers Miesta. I might order some when I get the $$. How much is shipping?
The hubs "Chew up string" probably from Aluminum sticks hitting the stock Aluminum hubs. So if you have Metal Sticks you might might some different hubs.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 12:45:02 pm »
just saw in the poll that there is one vote for yoho/diabig with ratchet(!), really would like to get some details about it... i guess this would be the perfect diab for excalibur!!! thanks for any infos!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

nev

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 01:52:06 pm »

just saw in the poll that there is one vote for yoho/diabig with ratchet(!), really would like to get some details about it...

That would be a Yoho Superspin - unfortunately they are no longer made - though you may find some Australian shops may still have some old stock (try kite shops etc as well as juggling ones).

& yes they are nice for vertax (I used them in the diabolo.ca collaboration video for the washing line bounce etc)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Rastaman

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 03:53:27 pm »

thanks capt jack, why does it chew up string? is it rough?

Hmm ill try to explain. the edges of the axle are kinda sharp at the beginning( not like knife is sharp  :)) But maybe it was jus a problem of my circus but it wore off after some nicely landed stick grinds ;D
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2007, 05:35:38 pm »
just thought i'd make an observation of the diagram of peoples votes, as a finesse lover. f you add the Normal Circuses to the Wide axel circuses, and add the Normal finesses to the wide axel finesses. then you get Circuses:94 and Finesse:91. Which then makes the diagram look a little deceiving i would have thought, it makes the finesse look like it much further behind that it actually is. ;) Just a thought for finesses lovers like myself.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

spanerman

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2007, 09:20:45 pm »
it means the circus is better stock :P

nev

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2007, 10:06:19 pm »
I'd like to know what peoples "others" are?  I'm surprised they outnumber Diabigs (though after BJC the yohos may make a surge ::))
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2007, 11:44:06 pm »
At £12 a pop, I was seriously tempted.  Apparently they work pretty good too.  Though I'm always sceptical of harder plastic cups and the gouges that could develop from drops on tarmac.
I gotta get a 4th Circus though, don't wanna use my signature one anymore.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Martijn

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2007, 10:09:24 am »
I don't think the poll is that accurate anymore, because it's quite old... More people have tried the Yoho's and bearing diabolos since the poll was created. Heck, I probably even voted for wide axled Finesses back then :P
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2007, 11:14:37 am »
i think you are right - maybe a new poll would be nice, with a seperate poll for vertax...

thx for the infos, nev :) i already contacted some australian shops.
are the superspins very noisy when spinning at high speeds?

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

nev

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2007, 08:34:49 pm »
No - they are the quietest of all the bearing diabolos I've tried.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2007, 06:43:00 am »
the renegade diabolos seem very popular! lol :P
ive used a superspin, but i was just learning then (cant remember much)
maybe a new poll could be made after g3's are released everywhere. just got some new circus diabs ;D

dan dia

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2007, 07:26:47 am »
iv'e punted for a normal finese whit normal axel 8)

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2007, 07:12:20 pm »
I got some Yohos at the BJC because they were 12 quid a pop and they rule! so nige for...well everything. but now i have fly diabs and well...need i say more? hehe
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!