Author Topic: Introducing....the Chinesse diabolo!  (Read 1729 times)

fzzyrn

Introducing....the Chinesse diabolo!
« on: March 07, 2008, 03:44:34 am »
The chinesse diabolo is a mix of a chinese diabolo (unbranded) and a finesse.
There are three variations thereof

on the left is the original four inch chinese diabolo that supplied the chinese parts for the chinesse. It has finesse washers, hubs and axles, but the original cups. it's performance is just terrible, because the finesse parts do not fit correctly onto the cups.

in the middle is a blue finesse with the axle from the chinese diabolo. It plays pretty much equivalently to a wide-axled (evolution kit) finesse, and there is negligible weight difference. There is, however, a noticeable turn in the absence of string movement.

On the right is my personal favorite. This diabolo uses the chinese washers and hubs, but finesse cups and axles. It is vastly lighter than the stock g3 finesse. The protrusion of the components of the axle that would otherwise be held inside the hubs creates an effect similar to that of a wide axle. There is no notable turn.

As you have read, i personally favor the white finesse with chinese washers hubs. None of these diabolos are particularly suitable for 2d, but that may be simply because I am terrible at 2d

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Introducing....the Chinesse diabolo!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:52:50 am »
Nice. I rate hybrids highly.
Do it with different diabolos?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

fzzyrn

Re: Introducing....the Chinesse diabolo!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 11:59:58 pm »
I'm sure more hybrid/combinations are possible, I just don't have any other diabs.