Author Topic: Henrys Micro diabolo - review  (Read 5675 times)

josephmcginley

Henrys Micro diabolo - review
« on: August 21, 2007, 12:47:31 pm »
A quick review of the Henrys Micro diabolo
I've done a search here and on google, and didn't find one.

I've played with it for a couple of hours, it has one interesting feature that I can see - it can spin very very very fast.  This lets you do a very fast string climb, but I'm not sure what else.
It also loses momentum much more quickly, and is unforgiving to inaccurate catches.  I got a whip catch once, this is tricky... maybe the small size makes some tricks extra challenging... If you enjoy a challenge, maybe the Micro is for you.

So apart from the brief novelty of something spinning very fast, and the extra challenge from it being small (neither of these kept my attention for long), I didn't find any other positives.  Maybe its small size would allow you to do some intricate tricks which can't be done with a regular diabolo, maybe someone who is good at yo-yo could think of interesting things to do with the Henry's Micro diabolo, but I couldn't think of much.

Joseph (who would love to be disagreed with on this point)

Shaun

• Donator
Re: Henrys Micro diabolo - review
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 01:01:34 pm »
have you tried throwing it really really high? im sure it would go just as high, if not higher than any other diabolo.
i got a little kolibri just to chuck around, fun for about 3 minutes, but useless after that, i havent used the micro diabolo, but i imagine it to be only good for throwing, however...not catching haha!

seán_

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 02:02:16 am »
Nasty for 2d!

Thanks for the review Joseph

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:40:04 pm »
some people use them for loop............ i dont there grim

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

allsoppy5

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 06:01:11 pm »
I don't have much to say on this except... Micros suck, unless your an idiot or excessivly good!

diabolofreak617

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 09:36:18 pm »
I've had a micro for a couple months now and I usually bring it out just to amuse myself. As mentioned before it does spin quickly but loses that speed in absolutely no time at all. It really makes me focus on how its spinning and what direction it is tilting in.

I got a whip catch once

I am truly impressed at that because the micro is extremely hard to complete any tricks with. Overall, I think the micro is comparable to one of those movies that you want to rent because you want to see it but do not wish to buy it.
If Diaboloing was easy then everyone would be doing it.

Nahxela

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 01:24:07 am »
Something amusing I thought of:

Since micros are so small and the string size of diaboloing is technically supposed to be your foot to your neck length...
Wouldn't it be fun to try 5+ low :D
I mean, they're pretty small and a good amount more of them could fit on your string in comparison to larger diabolos like Circuses, Finesses, etc. ^_^
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

diabolofreak617

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 02:26:49 pm »
Wouldn't it be fun to try 5+ low :D

Wow, It would be fun and amusing to attempt while completely hilarious to watch.
If Diaboloing was easy then everyone would be doing it.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 01:07:36 am »
Wouldn't be that funny. You'd just see somebody throwing up four and catching maybe two of them.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Nahxela

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 01:26:57 am »
Oh... I guess I find miniature performance things more amusing than most people...
Like those incredibly small tricycles, etc.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Matt D

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 06:06:27 am »
If you just had someone throwing in micros i think you could rune 5 easy...Not that easy but if you can do 4 you could prolly do 5 micros, just keep them real low so it is easier to catch.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 07:19:10 pm »
I'll be pretty impressed if I see someone doing just three Micro's.

Matt D

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 08:31:41 pm »
I don't think anyone could self start 3 but with someone throwing in 1 at a time I think you could do large numbers...

ccreel6800

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 02:38:54 am »
On the whole I like it. It's a huge pain to grind with, and like he said, loses momentum really fast. Its low weight makes it ideal for suicides, but it gets tangled really easy if you mess it up just a little bit. I find that it's easier to use with standard sticks, rather than the aluminum ones, but the aluminum sticks are awesome for my harlequin and giant circus.