Author Topic: Henry's Circus, Help With 'All-Round' Turning Kit!  (Read 2357 times)

BlackLoveBite

Henry's Circus, Help With 'All-Round' Turning Kit!
« on: December 18, 2008, 02:22:21 pm »
Hey guys. I had just brought my self a Hernys Circus Diabolo in Yellow. Love it already.
But I had also brought the 'All-round' Turning kit.
Okay, I know this is stupid, but does anyone know how to get the nuts off the diabolo? There like screwed on SUPER tight.
http://www.youtube.com/BlackLoveBite - My youtube. VISIT IT!
Keep Spinning My Fellow Diaboloists!

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Henry's Circus, Help With 'All-Round' Turning Kit!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 02:40:03 pm »
I assume you're already using 2 wrenches of some kind? If screwdriver style wrenches don't provide enough torque you might need a deep socket wrench that's long enough to fit into the cup. I would think that the screwdriver style socket wrenches should be fine. You can often get away with 1 wrench if you place it on the ground with 1 cup down and press down hard enough.

BlackLoveBite

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 02:43:06 pm »
It's one of those socket wernch one's. But I havn't gotten one long enough for it. It sucks really, because I'm using a money wrench and it seems to be destorying the nut =[

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 02:45:37 pm »
Don't strip the nut!! Get a proper wrench. Borrow or buy one or two. A screwdriver style socket wrench or an extended ratcheted socket wrench. Do not strip the nut - replacing it may be quite challenging... don't think I've ever seen an exact replacement in a hardware store around me.

You may want to buy one. The size of the wrench is common to a number of diabolos and will be quite useful over time.

BlackLoveBite

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:48:26 pm »
Thanks for the help.
But I'll ask around.
Thanks for answering such a stupid question that I knew kinda the answer to =3 Thanks Sean.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 07:56:25 pm »
The use of a socket set is much preferred (I think it's an 8mm socket) since they will do the best job to unscrew the very tight nuts.  The other way would be to use two adjustable spanners each tightened around the cap nut.  Hold the two spanners at an angle, both pointing downwards at a sort of 8 and 4 o'clock angle.  Then just twist away, pulling the left hand back and pushing the right hand forward.

Alternatively, if you don't have two spanners, you can sometimes undo the diabolo by just grabbing both cups and twisting like before.  The friction of the nuts against the washers is sometimes enough to undo it.  Screwing them back together is a trickier process, one which if not done properly will see your diabolo unscrew itself at the most unhelpful times.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills