Author Topic: 'Which Diabolo To Choose'  (Read 4500 times)

Aaron Z

'Which Diabolo To Choose'
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:28:10 am »
Eh herroh dere, today I was browsing YouTube and found a decently informative video from the owner of JugglingStore, this 7 Minute video gives some details on the workings of diabolos, showcasing and detailing most of the diabolos JugglingStore stocks.

It covers the general range of diabolos, including disappointingly brief examples of the more popular Fly, Circus and Finesse diabolos.

http://www.youtube.com/v/uQw4H89uh6o

Enjoy?  ::)
Oh yeah, I have no freakin' idea how to embed a video from YouTube, so feel free to follow the link somewhere in that mess and embed the video yourself if mine didn't work.

Mod edit - hit the modify button and see how it's done
^^^  Just a URL? That's a surprise. Thanks a lot.

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: 'Which Diabolo To Choose'
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 11:14:19 am »
Thanks for that. Flys = Durable? I don't think so.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

SuperSlackSambo

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:48:22 pm »
They can be if you look after them  :D

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 01:31:17 pm »
Pretty good summarization overall. Probably wouldn't hurt to put that in one of the equipment stickies just as a reference. Edit - done

Aaron Z

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 01:38:53 am »
Whooh, I struck D.ca gold, no cash value.

It's a bit of a shame that the video doesn't go to describe the deeper pro's and con's of diabolos, and a few descriptions seem a bit... wrong?

I keep hearing about Flys getting ripped up during casual play in the most unbelievable ways, and 'Brian' says they're very durable.
I think that he's comparing them to the 'Plastic' cups he mentioned on diabolos like the Beach, and how they can shatter.
He said that the Fly cups are Rigid-ish like the Beach, but are flexible enough to not shatter with a pavement drop.

Durable shatter-wise, not gaping-hole-wise, I guess.

cereal

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 03:23:06 pm »
he says its impossible to fingergrind with a small axle , and i heard another say it aswel
i don't understand why ?
i have a small axle and i can do fingergrinds pretty long

greetz cereal

Aaron Z

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 12:48:57 pm »
Fingergrinds are definitely not impossible with small axles, although they are much easier, longer, and usually stabler with long axles.
Fingergrinds should be possible with almost any conventional diabolo, but with varying lengths and quality.

dyabolo

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 11:19:17 pm »
Nice video, but still way too brief :P