Author Topic: Length of sticks  (Read 11886 times)

Martijn

Length of sticks
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 03:53:29 pm »
Hi Jake, I merged your topic to this one, I found it in the Equipment sticky. It's easier to have just one topic about the same subject.

I prefer short sticks :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Shredder911

Stick Size
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 12:17:43 am »
hey I am thinking of getting a new pair of handsticks and i am wondering wat sort of size i should get short 13.78" or long 16.14" wat would you pick and why
Juggling Fcking rules

Chiok

• Donator
Length of sticks
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 07:21:16 pm »
Decimals of inches like that don't mean much to people ;-)

For the record, alot of people choose the 350mm length sticks (carbon fibre I'm assuming) over the 420mm since the extra length isn't really required unless you're particularly tall.  Alot of people "choke" up on the stick and the extra length can get stuck in your sleeve.

Also alot of people choose aluminium sticks which are 25mm shorter at 325mm and people like it fine.  Horses for courses really, it's a trial and error thing unfortunately.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

_Rezi

Length of sticks
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 10:45:20 pm »
I got 28 cm and they are great. And I know its only about habbit, so juggle with whatever you want. Just one advice, dont change often the length of the sticks its the worst you can do when juggle. The stick must be part of your hand and you have to know in subconscious where the hand ends.

allsoppy5

Re: Length of sticks
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 05:55:37 pm »
I much prefer short sticks! They are so much easier for two diabolos and they take up less string (if fibre glass or carbon fibre)