Author Topic: "Up to the sky" - Documentary  (Read 12096 times)

noel

• VotW Contributor
"Up to the sky" - Documentary
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:24:51 am »
Just Copy and paste from circoforum.net:
http://www.circoforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8480

In english:  "

I feel privileged to be able to announce that the first results of the project "Until the sky" a documentary about the diabolo and its people are available.
In "Until the sky" you can enjoy videos of the best Spanish diabolo players, interviewing each of them, their living ...
To open mouth there are the first 3 videos are available. I will be adding more soon.
http://www.youtube.com/user/hastaelcielodiab

This project shares the principles of free exchange of intellectual property and will therefore be fully available through Web streaming youtube. " I will also distribute a DVD version in high quality for anyone who wants to enjoy at the top of this documentary once it is finalized.

I hope you enjoy the videos. Accepting all sorts of criticism and valuations (preferably in the youtube itself).
Thanks to all participants of this project, I might not be doing anything without you. You are incredible.

"

enjoy it.

seán_

Re: "Hasta el cielo" - Documental
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 10:54:56 am »
Great project.
I will definitely be re-watching these videos and look forward to the rest.
Who's is it, Kamikace, I assume from the Circoforum post.

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 12:24:25 pm »
pretty cool. i like the style of the videos a lot! Momento de Inercia (Zaragoza) is a pretty sweet video, some really good stuff in there particuly, but all were really nice.

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 01:02:08 pm »
Nice videos and great diabolo.  All the three videos were excellent in different ways. Some stuff in Momento de Inercia blew me away totally (contact diabolo/hand thrown duicides/2d stuff) but I can't say the other two videos didn't rock equally as much. Made me really happy.

Now I'm getting out for a session.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 01:59:37 pm »
Yes!! 3 excellent videos.

Did anyone else find that (at least from a distance) one video had a Trash look-a-like and the other an Antonin one? I'm not talking about using their tricks, but they physically looked similar and had developed their own tricks with a similar style. It's like they have Spanish twins. :)

The 2d trick at 2:33 of the Momento video blew me away, but it was all good in its own right. Short, sweet, and creative.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 02:16:57 pm »
Nice to see a shedload of variety throughout.  Some insane 2d starts in there.
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

mellowscholar

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 04:08:31 pm »
awesome! those were so much fun to watch, great styles and really well put together videos. fantastic.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:07 pm »
Zaragoza is my favorite. Damn I'm speechless, that was everything I can possibly ask form a jugglingvid! Awesomeness.

Gonna watch it again now, and again, and again, etc.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

lupii

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 06:10:02 pm »
Damn Momento de Inercia (Zaragoza) is great. especially that 2d start round about 2:30 was kind a sick

karatepekka

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 06:29:34 pm »
I think Koala is the best.

2d combos are simply sick

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 06:52:15 pm »
well the last one on that list is pretty epic! loved them all, but the third one stood out a mile (for me anyways) bloody good stuff

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 08:37:51 pm »
zaragosa... mindblowing.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 09:52:59 pm »
They were great!

I too liked Momento de Inercia the best although they all stood our for variety (not just the diabolo but the editing, angles and other quick shots of other things) which made for interesting viewing.

And yes, the 2d start at 2:30 was really something.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 11:34:01 pm »
Zaragoza was da bomb.

iroQuai

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 12:37:52 pm »
the 2d starts in zagarossa where really mindblowing! But still, i like the vid. from valencia the best! Great overall style, nice creative tricks... this was one of video's where i didn't want to keep watching but wanted to grab my diabolo and try it myself! :D

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 01:28:46 pm »
These are brilliant. I enjoyed them very much and am greatly looking forward to the finished dvd, i think i'll have one of those when its done:D

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 06:53:50 pm »
No crazy tricks apart from that 2D start, but the tricks were presented so well. Other prospective video makers wouldn't hurt from taking a look at these vids.

-Leo
Behind your back is your front.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 07:11:33 pm »
Zaragoza seemed the best skill wise but overall I prefered Valencia as it was shot, edited, and created beautifuly. I especialy liked the opening to Valencia and though that the shots of the BMX-er with the music went together perfectly. Welll done, best and most interesting videos I have seen in a long time.

And please, no more walking fans...
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Kingsid3

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 09:01:17 pm »
Awsome, that was the perfect video for me.

James C B

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 10:27:32 pm »
absolutely mind blowing, loved the use of a fencing sword was it? with the valencia one. some of the vertaxing was incredible too! im just speechless, very nice collection of videos