Author Topic: The Diabolo Maintenance Methods I Use  (Read 2359 times)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
The Diabolo Maintenance Methods I Use
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:38:24 am »
Greetings fellow diabolo community! I have been editing my website (its almost complete) and have typed up something that may come of use to you. These are the methods Ive used, developed, and learned from others throughout my diabolo years. I find them to be quite effective in maintaining a healthy set of diabolo equipment.

Check it out!

http://frogfighters.com/godraco/diabolomaintenance.html

Please let me know of any typing errors or if any instructions are unclear. Thank you!
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

JimmyCords.

Re: The Diabolo Maintenance Methods I Use
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:29:09 am »
That's awesome. Really helpful. Your site looks great btw.
Say Whaaaat?

flep

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 11:55:57 am »
Nice Page but maybe you could add one thing:
if the string is too slippery, try rubbing it a bit on dry soap
it helps and I think it's better than rubbing it onto the floor

I think I´ll try the reshaping because my finesse cups are not that round anymore^^
hell yeah!

Aaron Z

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:00:09 pm »
The site looks fantastic.

One problem I noticed with the maintenance guide is that there are a lot of steps used unnecessarily telling people to neatly arrange things and put things aside, that can really be assumed by anyone but a robot.

Everything else is really helpful, you should add another part for people that JUST want to RESHAPE their diabolo, instead of also cleaning it.

My guide for that goes like this:

---------------------------------

You will need - A smooth, flat, waterproof surface that is portable and larger than the cups
                    of your diabolo. x2

- Dishwashing gloves (Optional)

- A quick source of boiling water

- Time

- Disassembly tools for your diabolo

Multiply these items for each diabolo you wish to reshape.

---------------------------------------

Method - Bring water to the boil

- Carefully pour the water into a cup of your diabolo, be sure to completely fill it.

- Take one of your waterproof boards, and place it on top of the filled cup.

- With the board firmly pressed against the cup, flip the two over, and let the diabolo rest
              on top of the board on the table, water-filled cup facing downward.

- Now fill your second cup with boiling water, and cover it with another board to keep
             in the heat.

------------------------------------------------

After the heat has softened both cups (give them a gentle squeeze), carefully pour out the water from either cup. Doing this may seem a bit troublesome without spilling all of your water, but common logic should make it obvious.

Quickly dry the diabolo, but don't worry about all the hard-to-get moisture. Just make sure the axle is dry so you don't ruin your string.

Get the diabolo spinning as quickly as possible, continue to use your diabolo for as long as you can, or until your diabolo loses it's heat.

Now either repeat the entire process, if the reshaping didn't complete, or carefully take your diabolo apart to dry the rest of it to avoid rust.

Enjoy!

I hope I didn't side-track the thread too much. If so, put the guide somewhere relevant before deleting it, please. It took a while  ::)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 01:58:56 am »
Alright, good tips guys. I will add them onto the page later tonight. Hope this is helping people.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/