Author Topic: Hardest Trick  (Read 10508 times)

Arfenjis

Hardest Trick
« on: March 26, 2005, 05:02:41 am »
Hey all you diabolists,

What's the most difficult trick you've ever done?

Please be honest, too.
All Hail King Arfenjis...

Arjan

Hardest Trick
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 09:40:18 am »
There is no such thing as a level of hardness in tricks in general.
Some people find some trick much easier then others.
But there are ground rules I think.
The more diabolo`s, the harder a trick can be.

I just figure my 20 catches with 3 high was the most hardest thing, because it took a LOT off training...

diabololi

Hardest Trick
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 10:04:20 am »
I agree with arjan, but probably the 2d high siteswap 420420 or possibly a genocide from opens string (really exaggurated normal suicide where the string comes off the diabolo and back on- warning! hurts to catch!).

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
Hardest Trick
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 10:09:12 am »
3d low without a doubt! I worked out the other night that it took in excess of 2000 attempts to get :shock:

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
Hardest Trick
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 06:12:45 pm »
Quote from: diabololi
I agree with arjan, but probably the 2d high siteswap 420420 or possibly a genocide from opens string (really exaggurated normal suicide where the string comes off the diabolo and back on- warning! hurts to catch!).

I agreed with all of you:

1. No such things as "the hardest trick". No matter what is tried there will always be something more difficult out there.

2. 420420 is hard, but not too bad. I've recently done it twice in a row with pirouettes on the zeros. Now that was pretty hard.

3. 3 low... fecking impossible.  I'm currently putting in far too much time ointo 3 diabolos, but not bothering at all with 3 low. Not yet.
Luke

nezzybaby

Hardest Trick
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 10:56:36 pm »
hardest trick you've ever done implys non repeatability. Maybe that should be flukiest, either way mine was whipping both diabolos out of a friends two diabolo pattern in the same whip. Took them out with a sun as well, was only aiming to steal one.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Hardest Trick
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 11:32:20 pm »
can't say, but here are a few:

albert whip to trebla duicide to minigenocide
integral suicide
3 low/3 low speedup
4 throws on each side doing string arounds on each diabolo (like JiBe does in diabology)
360 fan
2 around two arms

-Jacob
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Ifrit

Hardest Trick
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 02:21:30 am »
wow i didnt realise that 2d around 2 arms was up in the company of such hard tricks, i picked it up pretty easyly but then that does go to prove that there are alot of individual diffrences to tke into account.

Arfenjis

Hardest Trick
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 02:47:24 am »
I realize that there is no level of hardness associated with diabolo. All I wanted to know is what trick each individual diabolist had put the msot time into and was the proudest of, what they thought was their greatest diabological accomplishment. I am sorry if I sounded like I was strapping a difficulty scale onto diabolo, but that was the farthest thing from my intention.
All Hail King Arfenjis...

Ifrit

Hardest Trick
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 02:42:50 am »
I think that I can honestly say that with the acceptation of 3d and 2dh that there is not a single trick that I have taken more than a day to learn *looks deeply in the hazy drug filled memories of last summer with no avail* as I cant do 3d yet then I suppose 2dh is which cant be true as it a piece of poo especially with finesses. On second thought the basic s-fan which I only recently found out how to do thanks to this forum did take a few days to perfect (not saying that its perfect now but you know what I mean). I suppose this is because its in a whole genre of tricks of it own and one that is not widely known of out of diabolo circle.

So as a simple answer to the question at had I would say for me the hardest trick so far has been the s-fan.

(god I should post this its far to boring and long winded. Well ive written it so might aswell if only to justify being online at 2:40 in the morning)

Martijn

Hardest Trick
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 11:09:44 am »
Reverse both arms 8 orbits of JiBe... that's not-human! :P
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Hardest Trick
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 01:08:40 am »
Martijn,

never tried JiBe's figure eights, but i made up a way to do it without both wrapped at the same time. been meaning to post a video for a while, been real busy though. here it is:
get in the position to do reverse around the arm, pop it up and to the left, having it hit the otherside of the string and go to the left of the left stick. unwrap your right arm while doing this and then insert your left arm in. From here do it backwards and repeat.
Sounds chunky but if done quickly and smoothly it looks nice. it was inspired by the tricks figure eight around both legs, and the trick where it's underneath the string and you pop it back and forth (leaving the string), so that it's like 6 inches from the ground the whole time and string goes back and forth in an arc.

on 2 around both arms, I just found it difficult to learn, not sure why, different tricks are different for different people (for example, I learned 42 and 4440 high pretty quickly, but three low is taking longer than for most).

-Jacob
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

w35ku

Hardest Trick
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 10:16:52 am »
Quote from: Martijn
Reverse both arms 8 orbits of JiBe... that's not-human! :P

Martijn, do u have a video of that ? i want to see it :P
Forum: Zuko @ www.zuko.tk
You can find:
Juggling
Multiplex Juggling
And Diabolation

Martijn

Hardest Trick
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 10:40:44 am »
You can find it on JiBe's website.

The trick is in diabology (educational part) too.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

busk

Hardest Trick
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 06:58:28 pm »
yeppa! i exit from the reverse eight wit a kind of integral suicide to an infinite suicide...it's difficult to explain...and i can't speck english well...so i will make a videoz!

lemony

Hardest Trick
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 12:33:20 am »
the best answer i can give to this is "Whatever i'm working on at the moment!" which today was getting my 2D shuffle nearly perfect and learning armstalls, fans and stickgrinds within the shuffle.
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
Hardest Trick
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 10:01:40 am »
3d splinkler without suicide handstick!! :)

el_grimley

Hardest Trick
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 10:49:49 pm »
Quote from: Luke Burrage
Quote from: diabololi

I agreed with all of you:

What about the impossible diabolo trick ADVANCED?

:D

Graham
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.

Ed

ADVANCE
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 11:00:53 pm »
What is that then?

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
Re: Hardest Trick
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 08:38:52 am »
3d vortex?

1. make knot to 1d
2. transfer to other 2d (-> 2d sprinkler)
3. wrap free 1d (or make stopover, or throw to air)
4. unwrap 2d sprinkler off
5. unwrap 1d back to suffle

never seen before anywhere, looks much more difficult than really is..