Author Topic: Jugglers are geniuses?  (Read 12254 times)

Shaun

• Donator
Re: Jugglers are geniuses?
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 12:04:08 am »
because if you take a guy who never done diabolo in his life to do diabolo you realise that you DO need to be smart to do it
I still don't think your right. I've taught many people diabolo, and the ones who pick it up quicker are those who are sporty and more coordinated (especially remote Indigenous people! who unfortunately aren't the smartest, academically). Whereas the 'smart' people/kids throw a ball or diabolo up and run away from it :D They just take a bit longer to learn it.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 02:24:02 am »
I agree. They sure is.
I find myself very intullgent.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

CirqueKid

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 05:11:42 am »
Of course, intelligence is relative.  For example, you might live in a small town and be the smartest person in it, if you move to a big city you'll find you're towards the bottom of the chart.  And then if you bring in the whole 'multiple intelligence' theories it gets way more complicated.

As for the 'all jugglers have mathematical intelligence', I'm afraid I'm not exactly a mathematician.  While I am okay at it, and get A's and B's in it at school, I'm waaay more right brained than left, and enjoy using my imagination way more than doing mindless calculations. 

(Quick fun fact:  If you want to find out if you're left or right brained, fold your hands, and notice which thumb is on top.  If your left thumb lies naturally on top, you're more creative and right brained.  Or, if your right thumb falls naturally on top, you're more mathematical and left brained.)
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]

JimmyCords.

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 05:24:14 am »
(Quick fun fact:  If you want to find out if you're left or right brained, fold your hands, and notice which thumb is on top.  If your left thumb lies naturally on top, you're more creative and right brained.  Or, if your right thumb falls naturally on top, you're more mathematical and left brained.)
Fail. Im definitely not creative, do extension maths and physics yet my left thumb was on top. Fail.
Say Whaaaat?

JJesse

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 08:52:31 am »
Hmm... I think it has nothing to do with intelligence. It shows which handed you are. Well its just my random quess.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 09:26:20 am »
There's always the classic response:

After hours of frustration try to learn one trick (let's say 3low suns for example), you have to really wonder how smart someone is for devoting a hundred hours drilling one trick that lasts less than 2 seconds and impresses less than 10 people nowadays.

"Pfft, suns? So last year", or "they kinda went in a circle."

Jugglers are stupid if you ask me ;)

-Duncan

JimmyCords.

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 10:28:07 am »
And also when first practicing suicides and the stick comes round and hits you in the hand (which really hurts), an intelligent person would walk away there as they learnt their lesson with the pain. For example a puppy goes and touches an electric fence and gets zapped. The puppy learns and doesn't do that again.

But with diaboloists they keep trying even though it still causes them pain.

It could be the desire to get the trick right and impress 10 or so people like Duncan said, or it could be that we are just stupid...stupider than a puppy.
Say Whaaaat?

CirqueKid

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 11:00:19 pm »
Hmm... I think it has nothing to do with intelligence. It shows which handed you are. Well its just my random quess.

Yeah, I heard about it on the BBC website, and they supposedly scientifically tested it, but I'm sure it can't be 100% accurate.  However, I've tried it with a few of the people I know and it was spot on.  It's kind of weird, because it seems totally irrelevant, but I guess they discovered a correlation somehow.

Aaron Z

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 12:30:04 pm »
I don't like you.

Whooh, record breaker!

Myke

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 12:25:58 pm »
I don't like you.

Whooh, record breaker!

no it just means you're not a juggler.
Thank you, thank you.

Martijn

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 10:34:40 am »
Norbi's really clever.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 11:08:50 am »
I r teh jeenyus.
duz diz ansar yor kwestyun?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

CirqueKid

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 07:01:54 am »
Actually, anyone who Leet Speaks has already drained every instance of genius-ness out of them with every second of video game play they endure.

In other words... Epic Fail!

JimmyCords.

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 09:05:58 am »
Leet speak drains geniusness? d035n+ 1+ 4dd +0 y0u|2 g3n10u5n355? I mean being able to speak with symbols and numbers must take a bollocks load of intelligence.
Say Whaaaat?

Squiggle

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 12:09:15 pm »
Actually, anyone who Leet Speaks has already drained every instance of genius-ness out of them with every second of video game play they endure.

In other words... Epic Fail!

Nope.

I know of many people who talk like that, alot are very smart and have good jobs. But when on gaming/forums they choose to speak like that, it's weird. 

J4K3 H45 4 74RG3 3L3Ph@N+

CirqueKid

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 02:41:52 am »
1337 =

Squiggle

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 03:16:33 am »
And lol cats are old, your point is?

JimmyCords.

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 06:27:28 am »
Leet speak does not = fail. It just further mastery of both maths AND the english language.
Say Whaaaat?

CirqueKid

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 08:37:07 am »
All right, I'll admit that I have nothing against Leet Speak, it's just fun to make fun of.  And also, most of the time I see things like that it's because the kids can't really spell in English, so they just make up shortcuts, and then fill every other word with "lolz" "OMG!" "IMO" "rofflecopter!", and it's more of a joke than anything.  ::)  And really we jugglers are better than that, but I had to find somewhere to post my fail pic!  ;)

P.S. And that wasn't just a lol cat, that was a lol cat and a fail pic, a double whammy of an internet image!

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 10:49:29 am »
I'll admit that I have nothing against Leet Speak

i however do. if everybody who spoke/wrote 1337 speak in everyday life were dead then the world would be a smarter and better place.