Author Topic: Sundia Handsticks  (Read 4394 times)

Aaron Z

Sundia Handsticks
« on: May 24, 2008, 12:42:39 pm »
Hello.  ;D

As most of us know, Sundia has established itself as a large competitor on the diabolo market with their Sun and Fly series of diabolos.
Additionally, Sundia produces some very attractive handsticks, mostly carbon-type, which are meant to be the professional grade sticks.

Sundia's handsticks can be viewed here at Nev's online store, the UK distributor of Sundia products and more!
http://www.diabolomoves.com/diabolos/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=55

Anyways, like anyone, I want to know about the things I'm buying- but so far I haven't seen a detailed review of Sundia's handsticks.
Could somebody who's had experience with them, most likely Nev, post a guide about them?

How durable are they, what kind of other sticks do they compare to?
How string efficient are they, what kind of string attachment method do they use?
How comfortable are they, are the grips placed in the right position?

Thanks.

thetemple94

Re: Sundia Handsticks
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 05:27:33 pm »
I've used my mates pair of Sundia CFs, they're lighter and shorter then Henrys but use the same string attachment method, I'm not sure about colours, you'll have to ask Nev.
I'm hoping to pick up a pair within the week.
Oh and the grips are about as comfortable as they could ever get.

Temps
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

Aaron Z

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 01:09:25 am »
Thanks for the feedback.

So, durability-wise, what are we lookin' at here?
Can they be treated like Alu's?

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 03:25:19 am »
i've used these puppies as my main set of sticks for nearly 6 months, they will sort you the **** out.

lz

diabolomoves.com
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Aaron Z

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 09:05:19 am »
Alright, I'm kinda pressed between Henry's Alu and Sundia Carbons now... suggestions?

And don't bother posting the "it's all a matter of opinion" stuff, because I haven't tried either of those two yet so I don't know which one appeals more to my opinion, just tell me which you prefer please.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 09:54:10 am »
Hey I can't see it but do they have to same string attachment as henry's carbon or as those mr babache extreme handsticks? That one wastes less string.

Because if it is.. I'll buy one  ;D

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:42:21 pm »
Henry's carbon-like string attachment I believe.  Not that they're very long, mind you.

But they do come in a delightful walnut burr finish, or braided carbon fibre (which in my personal opinion, looks the sex).

Nice sticks with nice style, for personal appreciation.
Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Aaron Z

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 01:09:06 pm »
Seriously though, how strong?

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 01:40:52 pm »
And don't bother posting the "it's all a matter of opinion" stuff, because I haven't tried either of those two yet so I don't know which one appeals more to my opinion, just tell me which you prefer please.

I think what you're going to have to find out, Arron, is it all DOES come down to you in the end. About 0.2% of the people online here know you in real life (if that), and the rest of us are basically unaware of what your preferences are outside of what you've written down.

Do you like heavy sticks? Go with aluminum. Do you like lighter sticks? Go with carbon.

Who knows, maybe someone will make you get one pair of sticks and you'll *gasp* change your preference. Gotta try some things out yourself sometimes.

-Duncan

Will G

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 02:18:14 pm »
There great but if your using thick string then it rips the outer part of very quickly or at least mine do.  I use sundia thick string and I have to replace my string every day.

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 02:47:44 pm »
i've never snapped a set.........

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Will G

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 03:11:01 pm »
No I mean that it rips the outer part on the string off, not the stick

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 06:30:13 pm »
I snapped a set. but the got some pink ones because i like garish things.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 07:01:34 pm »
Or you could just buy both. I have a pair of henry's aluminum ones for my circus' and then a pair of sundia carbon(short) for my flys.