Author Topic: The Trade/Sale Thread  (Read 59488 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Re: The Trade/Sale Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 02:22:45 pm »
While I like this thread, here's a suggestion: Once it turns into 2 people going back and forth about a transaction, why don't you take it to personal messages, or e-mail, or whatever you'd like? It's move private for you and it keeps this thread from becoming cluttered with more than just 'for sale' and 'wanted' posts.

However, if you have a question or answer that will benefit many people who might be interested, by all means, post it here.

mellowscholar

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 02:27:43 pm »
While I like this thread, here's a suggestion: Once it turns into 2 people going back and forth about a transaction, why don't you take it to personal messages, or e-mail, or whatever you'd like? It's move private for you and it keeps this thread from becoming cluttered with more than just 'for sale' and 'wanted' posts.

However, if you have a question or answer that will benefit many people who might be interested, by all means, post it here.
I was thinking that too, also why not edit your original post about something being available if it gets taken so people don't pester you on PMs for years to come.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 02:48:46 pm »
Well the easiest way for all this thread to work would be the original poster i.e langerz being pm'd with something either for sale or wanted.  He'd then update his original post with new bits for sale/wanted.  If stuff was sold or traded it could be deleted from the original post.  Of course this all depends on how often langerz checks the forum or is willing to update the relevant thread.  This method would mean people simply need to check the original post instead or trawling through pages of posts looking for the relevant info. Something like this would work:

FOR SALE

Langerz:  2 Henry Kolibri.  £Price + £Postage (if needed) www.linkifneeded.com
www.linktopmtheseller.com

That's only a rough layout but it would certainly work, containing all the info needed in two sentences.  Again it depends on whether Langerz is happy to update the original post every now and then (there aren't going to be hundreds of adverts at the end of the day). 

Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 02:58:32 pm »
Well, I think it could work fine as a regular thread too and avoid a lot of work for one person... there are plenty of trade/sale sites out there in that format. Freecycle for example. For it to work:

-people need to post when they want to sell/trade/buy something
-if a question or answer comes up that would benefit many, post it to the board, otherwise, PM the person
-when an item is sold/traded/bought, the original poster reposts saying it's gone

The main problem I see with just updating one post is that people won't notice when something gets posted. This way it gets bumped to the top and featured in the recent post feed.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 03:08:24 pm »
Maybe an update in the original post as well as a bump briefly mentioning the new item in question with more detail in the original post?

mellowscholar

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 04:28:12 pm »
I would have just gone with:
-Seller makes a post detailing items for sale/trade along with price if necessary.
-Potential buyer sees the post and enquires via PM.
-Once the item is sold/traded, the seller modifies their post about those items to say that they've gone.

Job's a good 'un.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 10:44:32 pm »
Selling or trading a Finesse G1 glow in the dark!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 01:09:08 pm »
Will this thread be limited to diabolos only (I have some clubs, pois etc. I don´t really need)?

looby

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 01:29:47 pm »
We'd be bad people if we didn't let you

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 05:28:07 pm »
Will this thread be limited to diabolos only (I have some clubs, pois etc. I don´t really need)?
Within reason I don't see a problem, although you might reach a larger audience elsewhere. rec.juggling perhaps?

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:06 pm »

Within reason I don't see a problem, although you might reach a larger audience elsewhere. rec.juggling perhaps?

Yeah, I was talking about trading them for diabs (if anyone actually wants to practice other stuff :P). Don´t know the people on rec.juggling too well either so I have more trust in people here.

ecuador16

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 03:21:27 am »
diabolo88 do you have some clubs willing to sell

ohh and i would also like to get a finesse standard axle and a extended one

preferably i could get these from someone in the US

Oh and Lz you should post your revolution kits for finesse on here

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 03:50:45 pm »
Right need a bit of wedge so i'm going to get rid of a few of my dye jobs, the first two are these little numbers, both are g2 sold as a pair for £50 GBP shipped

first come first served

paypal only too langerzlz@googlemail.com

lz

if you miss these there will be more later next week
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 04:13:24 pm »
Yummy. Currently in search of know-how and equipment to dye my white g2s..
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 04:35:55 pm »
Tasty
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 04:42:24 pm »
Oh my! Those look sick, that would be nice money-spinner if you made those to sell. I'm sure plenty of us would pay to have custom diabolos. Do those dye-jobs work with the Flys? I'm guessing not because they're more 'plasticy' but I don't really know too much about RIT dying.

Good luck with the sale,

-Leo
Behind your back is your front.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 05:58:55 pm »
i'll take them in sh*t brown please langerz!
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

thetemple94

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 08:10:51 pm »
If I had those two diabolos with spintastics bearing and revo kits, I would never buy another diabolo again.

Temps
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

logoman04

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 09:59:17 pm »
would any american diaboloer (for shipping purposes) be willing to trade a standard finesse (G3 preferable) for a blue millenium in good condition?

send me a PM if you want the trade.
The entire world will die in the time of one day the reason being...o_O 3D O_o!!

fzzyrn

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 02:46:28 am »
a g3 for a millenium? no way in hell.
no matter how good the condition is, a g3 will never swap out for a millenium