Author Topic: The failing/practicing help video's topic  (Read 2952 times)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
The failing/practicing help video's topic
« on: May 28, 2008, 11:25:11 am »
Hey I just came up with a brilliant idea! But I don't know if everyone here likes it offcourse.

If you are practicing a trick you can't manege to complete post a video of it here. And we could give you some advice and tips!

-Ramon

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: The failing/practicing video's topic
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23:29 pm »
To me that doesn´t sound like a good idea (not saying it to be mean) :-\. I dug a 1 squaremeter round hole in my garden from just walking around in excalibur the summer when I practiced the geno. We are talking about hours and hours of practice here and it would be very boring to see.

Unless you mean like a general helpthread where you submit movies of any trick and ask for help? Watching someone fail it more than once could help you help them maybe. In that case it sounds like an OK idea (don´t know if this is what you meant?).

zwiggelbig

• Donator
Re: The failing/practicing help video's topic
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 02:50:16 pm »
Not realy but hey your idea sounds much better!

It would be a good idea if there was once topic where you post your video of you trying a trick you can't succeed and others can give you advice then 10 topics with each a different problem.

nezzybaby

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:47:02 pm »
Failing isn't that exciting, but a short compilation of someones failed attempts before nailing a trick for the first time could be good, but it would have to be edited very quickly to avoid the tedium of accelerating.

I actually think it would be good to see videos of people barely succeeding with a trick, and everyones flukes. I remember once wishing i had a camera on me, tried to whip a diabolo out of a friends two diabolo pattern, as i did it i managed to whip both, then do a sun, if i was expecting it to happen i could have kept it going. I always wished i had that on video. I also managed to do an excalibur genocide so badly that i managed to completely turn it horizontal again, and get it into infinite suicides.... It would be nice to see everyones flukes, but i think they rarely happen on video.

Peter Skoett

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 03:14:38 pm »
Hmm.. I don't think we can help much.. Practise is the key to succes....
But, of course people can show their progress with a trick and then we might be able to say what to do to make it look better, or how to learn it easier or something like that.. Don't think we can help much more than that.. But a good idea..  ;D

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 03:31:08 pm »
But, of course people can show their progress with a trick and then we might be able to say what to do to make it look better, or how to learn it easier or something like that.. Don't think we can help much more than that.. But a good idea..  ;D

Or see if their technique is incorrect and advise on better so that they could learn it faster/easier.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Peter Skoett

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 03:42:46 pm »
Or see if their technique is incorrect and advise on better so that they could learn it faster/easier.

Yeah.. something like that  :)

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 11:20:22 pm »
In several cases I agree but overall, I think thats very wrong. Imagine it if you were the only diaboloist in the world, I'm  not sure it would be very easy to learn tricks. I think there are a lot of tricks that require an amount of technique that can be taught.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Peter Skoett

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 07:40:50 am »
In several cases I agree but overall, I think thats very wrong. Imagine it if you were the only diaboloist in the world, I'm  not sure it would be very easy to learn tricks. I think there are a lot of tricks that require an amount of technique that can be taught.

Of course that would be kinda tricky  ;)
But they can still watch the tricks from others videos instead of getting loads of tips that wont work anyway. My technique got better over the past month, but i didn't get any tips on how to improve, but some people may need it.. Anyway, is anyone up for this idea at all?