Author Topic: Your dream place to diabolo?  (Read 14034 times)

Darragh

Re: Your dream place to diabolo?
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 01:24:13 pm »
Is Ayres rock a sacred place for the native people of Australia.
Respect
From lost to the river

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 01:55:20 pm »
Yep, can't climb it without permission. I'd like to throw a diabolo off mt everest, or catch it near the bottom.
Skydive diabolo could be kinda cool.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 02:54:10 pm »
think is it possible to throw a diabolo at the precise velocity and trajectory that the moons gravitational pull would sling shot it around the moon and back to you?
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

JimmyCords.

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 08:20:20 am »
You can climb Ayres Rock, the native aboriginies would just prefer it if you didn't.
Say Whaaaat?

Bizzat1

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 05:47:27 am »
Pranay's bedroom.*Stalker face*

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 06:58:48 am »
You can climb Ayres Rock, the native aboriginies would just prefer it if you didn't.
Yeh of course, they don't have any fences or anything from stopping you, but you still shouldn't climb it.
Bizzat1, your scaring me!

CirqueKid

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 08:13:30 am »
It would be pretty awesome to throw it off the Empire State Building, considering a penny could kill someone if it made it to the ground.  However, due to their small size the wind blows them back to a balcony type thing, and they never make it down.  A diabolo, however, (once you get past the security, the gates, the safety fences) would be able to be tossed far out, and with the wind, so it could be carried out for quite a distance.
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 08:22:07 am »
Then shatter. Unless its a superspin.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

JimmyCords.

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 10:34:58 am »
It would be pretty awesome to throw it off the Empire State Building, considering a penny could kill someone if it made it to the ground.  However, due to their small size the wind blows them back to a balcony type thing, and they never make it down.  A diabolo, however, (once you get past the security, the gates, the safety fences) would be able to be tossed far out, and with the wind, so it could be carried out for quite a distance.
DONT YOU WATCH MYTHBUSTERS!?!? A penny cant kill someone at terminal velocity, just really hurts.
 ;)
Say Whaaaat?

CirqueKid

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 11:10:25 pm »
It could if you recently had brain surgery performed, with your skull literally hanging by a few threads, and you just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  :P

Or, if the penny cracks a brick off a nearby already crumbling roof which just so happens to knock you out, you fall down in the middle of a busy intersection in New York, and... well, you know. X^p

Don't forget the tourist looking up at the top of the tower with their mouth agape, the penny gets lodged in their throat, they slip off the sidewalk and land on a taxi cabs windshield.

There's thousands of variables Adam and Jamie left out in their "controlled experiment".  :P

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 11:18:36 pm »
It could if you recently had brain surgery performed, with your skull literally hanging by a few threads, and you just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  :P

Or, if the penny cracks a brick off a nearby already crumbling roof which just so happens to knock you out, you fall down in the middle of a busy intersection in New York, and... well, you know. X^p

Don't forget the tourist looking up at the top of the tower with their mouth agape, the penny gets lodged in their throat, they slip off the sidewalk and land on a taxi cabs windshield.

There's thousands of variables Adam and Jamie left out in their "controlled experiment".  :P

And yet, they still prove that you can't drop a penny and have it kill someone as per the myth, which is the point of the show - to prove or disprove the conditions of the myth. Variables don't matter when proving or disproving the hypothesis of your experiment - it either does or doesn't work according to the conditions set.

Anyway, the only dream place I would want is being outside with no wind. I do love being outside, but it's very hard to practice high stuff when you can't figure out if you're throwing badly or your throws are getting taken off-course.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 11:40:28 pm »
Anyway, the only dream place I would want is being outside with no wind.

Wind is a jugglers true and only foe!
Alex abuses flys!

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 02:33:49 am »
To practice in a large building with a/c and high ceilings, I'm tired of the sun, I'm tired of the wind and I'm tired of the brightness!!!! I hate Vova and his "Mansion" with "30 ft ceilings" no wonder he's the best he's pampered... >_>
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

logoman04

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 02:39:16 am »
Wind is a jugglers true and only foe!

and for diaboloers, tony freebourgh
The entire world will die in the time of one day the reason being...o_O 3D O_o!!

JimmyCords.

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 11:14:12 am »
Hes your foe? Hes my hero!
Say Whaaaat?

Myke

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 08:47:19 am »

for jugglers i'd say chuck norris.
Thank you, thank you.

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 03:28:09 pm »
I bet if you shot a bullet off the top of the empire state building it could kill someone.
 ;D

JimmyCords.

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 10:24:13 pm »
I bet if you shot a bullet off the top of the empire state building it could kill someone.
 ;D
Really? No way... *devilish smile*
Say Whaaaat?

CirqueKid

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 02:49:02 am »
for jugglers i'd say chuck norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't juggle, the balls are just too scared to stay in his hands for more than a second.

Adamer15

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 09:15:52 pm »
I would say Diaboloist's biggest foe is ripped string/broken sticks/broken diab
Will eat for Diabolo!