Author Topic: Finesse vibrating? / Scratched hubs  (Read 6612 times)

fzzyrn

Re: Finesse vibrating?
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »
I was under the impression that the swiss spoke their own variation of german as well as french.
but if Mr B's headquarters is in the predominantly french area, i guess they would publish documents in french.

anyway, back on topic, i've noticed that finesse also vibrate if you're correcting 2d and you're doing some really drastic corrections. Darn them and their really sensitive material.

Xev

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 10:38:16 pm »
Thanks guys. I can't completely stop the Finesse from vibrating, but I've reduced it quite a bit. I'm going to be in Toronto in a couple days. Anyone know any good spots for diaboloing? ;) I'm going to stop at Higgins Brothers on the way up anyway.

jazz-man3

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 05:52:46 pm »
all fixed axles do it with high speeds is natural.

thetemple94

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 06:12:02 pm »
all fixed axles do it with high speeds is natural.
Not true, crank it as tight as is humanly possible (not as to snap the bolt), sorted my Finesses out alright.

Temps (Throwing Circi through combine harvesters, the weighty little f*****s)

P.S. Just not my thing, too heavy are they.
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 11:34:06 pm »
Either they're warped or loose, they get loose a lot, once I lost a cup in the middle of a trick And I was able to do 1 sided diabolo.

Just twist the cups, and it'll tighten, if you here it making a weird grinding noise thats probably it.

If they're warped, just bend em back
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Xev

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2008, 09:56:41 pm »
Sorry for reviving, but I think I may have gotten a defect Finesse. The hubs are supposed to be almost indestructible, right? Well, after many grinds and failed mini genocides, the hubs have several deep scratches on them--- and I can hear them while grinding. should I email jugglingstore or MB about this? Thanks again.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Re: Finesse vibrating? / Scratched hubs
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 03:14:02 am »
No, that is wear and tear, unless they are cracked it's not worth it. It's like calling MB and saying your finesse is scratched cause you used it over concrete and want a new one :P.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Xev

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 05:29:09 pm »
No, that is wear and tear, unless they are cracked it's not worth it. It's like calling MB and saying your finesse is scratched cause you used it over concrete and want a new one :P.

Haha, ok. Just wanted to make sure.

CirqueKid

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 09:22:28 pm »
The whole 'vibrating' thing happened on my Henry's micro I bought.  That could possibly be the cheapest, yet most overpriced thing I've ever purchased for diaboloing.  And from what I've seen you can not even tighten it.  With the Finesses, though, just tighten it up with two allen wrenches, and make sure the little notch things line up. 
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]