Author Topic: Dube string ?'s  (Read 1618 times)

mike.

• VotW Contributor
Dube string ?'s
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:08:25 am »
dube string is out there...duh. but i was wondering if it was any good, i can get a 100yd. roll(about 90 meters give or take) for 20 usd whereas i get a 10m roll of orange henry's for 10 usd.

any comments, it would be a huge$$$dollar saver.(i've already tried masonry line...UGH)

i looked in the search and i couldnt find anything...
can't believe its not butter

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Re: Dube string ?'s
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:03:11 pm »
if it's a very tight weave, and has a core it should be pretty good, that's what I've noticed about various strings the tighter the weave the slipperier it is
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:40:13 pm »
thanks a bunch, i like to work with slippier string more i guess, i think its cuz my mind thinks it lasts longer
can't believe its not butter

Yoda

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 11:07:10 am »
I have a roll of Dubé´s white string and I really dont reccomend it! I found the weave not to be so tight at all, (When you push to small parts together it gets thick, instead of "bending" like henrys..), which apparently causes wrap-ups... While its still new it kinda works ok, but as soon as it loses that "new & slippery" feel, you have to be very carefull to avoid the wraps...

BTW, just bought a 100m of babache pink string trough amazon, it´s weave is also not that tight, but the string is nice...

[]s

Lucas Machado