Author Topic: Im Losing the interest a bit can someone help !!  (Read 5894 times)

The_Matrix

Im Losing the interest a bit can someone help !!
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:52:04 pm »
hi guys,
im losing the diabolo crase a bit and i dont no what to do i cant handle two i cant do infinite suicide or genocide im up to that level and i cant do any more. I want to carry on but i lost the erge to just play with it what can i do to keep me going!!!

Thanks

Jonny_

Re: Im Losing the interest a bit can someone help !!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:06:46 pm »
when you hit a trick youve been trying for ages you gain intrest just practice those tricks and watch tutorials

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 06:28:17 pm »
I got a bit like that, but after i nailed 2D i was addicted and i still am..........just focus on the tricks your struggling with, make sure you take breaks wen practicing too, sometimes i walk away not being able to do something, come back with a clear mind and land the trick.

fzzyrn

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:37:08 pm »
take break, watch some videos, then try again

oh my god i just realized this was my 300th post.

Matt D

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 06:47:56 pm »
start doing other juggling traits.

Adamer15

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 06:50:42 pm »
Well try watching some nice videos

Those got me right back to doing diabolo after a 2 year break
Will eat for Diabolo!

JJesse

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 07:10:53 pm »
Everyone has the same opinion. Just watch videos when you get pissed off, do whatever else that you like (for me, playing games helps), if you failed like hell trying the trick, forget about it. Just try again.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 07:46:20 pm »
Yep, that's my favourite answer.  I think juggling stuff has never got boring for me because I try so many different things, so there's always something I can make progress with when other things frustrate me.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 09:08:25 pm »
I get this all the time. So I started learning to juggle balls, now I can swap between each and have times when im solidly working with balls and times when all I want to do is diab. Small breaks are good, you may find that you cant go that long without spinning something. Videos are very good to watch, not only for inspiration but also for motivation. If you feel you are bad at daibolo becasue you cant come up with anything original, steal tricks from videos. Not only will this give you something to focus on and to achieve but eventualy will widen your knowledge of diabolo. Tricks like 2d or infinite suicdes will take a while to grasp, persistence and patience will lead to progression.

Forgot to say the most important thing. Get yourself to a convention!
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 09:21:21 pm »
yes conventions is the key :)

also if you havn't got this move yet then do this as its great
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoyRcdNVWH0

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 10:29:25 pm »
For all of April, all of May, and half of June this happened to me, I had no inspiration and went for sometimes 2weeks without touching a diabolo. Then one day I sat down and said, dude, I don't want to stop diaboloing, I picked one up spin it, then several hours later came up with some very awesome ideas. Don't let it bring you down man. Especially if its only your frustration with your skills thats bringing you down. Just get out there, and don't get caught up in, darn I suck I can do this, try something different, who knows, or take a break for a month, but once you get out of the cycle, its tricky to make the transition back, the same way it is to transition out once you have momemtum from practicing. Take a break or a bit if you want, but the hardest part about coming back is deciding to and actually picking up the diabolo. But is like riding a bike, you never really forget.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Jonny_

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 10:36:57 pm »
also buying a new better diabolo gets you intrested more

Dockers

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 10:58:59 pm »
yep when i got bored of diabolo i started juggling, then when i got bored again i started devil sticks, then when i bored again again i learned to unicycle. the point is there are so many circus skills (diabolo is blatantly the best tho) u can never say u've tried everything.

Squiggle

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 11:32:15 pm »
If you don't want to do it, just quit.  And restart if you feel like doing it again?

???

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 11:41:07 pm »
Check it out, here is an easy way to get interested again:

1. Stop diaboloing for a few weeks.
2. (as you do 1) Work on other juggling disciplines.
3. (as you do 1/2)Watch diabolo/juggling videos.
4. (etc)Start a list of tricks you were working on, and trick you want to work on.
5. (etc)Buy new diabolos, sticks, string, or some other fancy toys.
6. When that new diabolo comes in whip it out get your list of tricks and get on it.

Pretty much condensed what others have said but doing most of these or some or all or one will definitely help.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

monkiatzu

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 03:11:11 am »
people, there is only one thing that can inspire like none other.
one video to rule all videos..

whenever i see that i feel like diaboloing all the more
it makes me happy even though i got no idea what the comentators are saying, but its cool to imagine

i hope this inspires you matrix and everyone else, its teh first diabolo vid i saw and taught myself from it
(until i discovered this site)

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 07:55:48 am »
could always just quit?

monkiatzu

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 08:34:10 am »
could always just quit?
NEVER
DARE YOU SAY THAT!!!
im not japanese, but ther is a beautiful saying..
" Korinzai Jishu"
...Never give up...

Squiggle

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 09:12:41 am »
NEVER
DARE YOU SAY THAT!!!
im not japanese, but ther is a beautiful saying..
" Korinzai Jishu"
...Never give up...

What's the point in doing it if you're not having fun?

If you're not interested, go and do something else.

It's not like he was trying to cure cancer, got bored...and gave up.

monkiatzu

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 10:26:22 am »
oh, in that case i appologize for my posts, i just thought that it was a diaboloists job to encourage diaboloing,
but hey what do i know im a bit of a weirdo so dont mind me
cheers

Squiggle

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 10:54:55 am »
a diaboloists "job" is to diabolo

if you really need the encouragement, you obviously don't want to do it. so why would you?   I just find this stuff strange.

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 11:49:41 am »
"here is the secret to inspiration: tell yourself that thousands and tens of thousands of people, not very intelligent and certainly no more intelligent than the rest of us, have mastered problems as difficult as those that now trouble you"

but then thats the answer to the second question and not the first. the first question is: do i (you) want to do diabolo?

if we tell you whether or not you should do something then this becomes that little bit closer to a fascist forum, doesn't it?
P.S bearings are rubbish

nev

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 01:15:05 pm »
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 01:20:46 pm »
hippy!

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 01:30:37 pm »
i just thought that it was a diaboloists job to encourage diaboloing,
a diaboloists "job" is to diabolo
Well, true but, I think monkiazu has a point though, I think he means that its kind of a duty to encourage an inspire diaboloing in other people, some don't do it and just diabolo. Then again if someone isn't interested, then don't try to convince them.

Point is encourage other people to continue or start diabolo, but don't force them.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

n3mo

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 01:43:33 pm »
i still think a good break works wonders. if you try to force interest, its a false interest, and one burns out rather easily.

the advice of picking up other juggling props is a good idea, especially as they all reinforce while learning new things - as an example, learning basic columns with 3 balls improved my duicide coordination (by constantly following and catching two objects at once) to no end.
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Aaron Z

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 01:53:11 pm »
Don't overstretch your interest by compacting your play time into one big brick.

If you take regular breaks, or a very large one, you maintain interest over time. If you do everything at once, it feels repetitive and the interest fades.

Having other hobbies also keeps an interest in things, so you can alternate between what you do.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 10:30:25 pm »
Pfft, I haven't played with my diabolos for ages.  The last time I touched them was when I moved house.  I'm just not much in the mood for juggling of sorts lately.  I only check the forums every few days now.  I imagine my willingness for juggling will improve at PLay.

It goes up and down.  A big thing is to have other people to juggle with.  Although it's a skill like any other and I don't think it's worth ever losing a skill.  We're hardly skilled enough as it is.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 12:20:47 am »
Can't believe this topic created 2 whole pages. Considering he hasn't posted for a while, you could assume he's just taking a break. I'd get sick of diabolo too if that's all I played. Learn something new.