Author Topic: Yo-Yo to Diabolo tricks and vise versa  (Read 4134 times)

Adamer15

Yo-Yo to Diabolo tricks and vise versa
« on: July 11, 2008, 05:04:37 pm »
Well title says most of it

The story behind this idea was that one day i was hanging with some friends of mine that do yo yo and they wanted new tricks
So we sat and tryed to make up new tricks for hours
Then i had an idea to preform a vertax over the head sun in yo-yo
It worked really well
It could go good right after a "Around the world"  ;)
But the exit still has some problems....

So... the next hour we spent on trying to work out the exit
We have nothing yet.... But were getting there
Then i saw my friend do a trick he made up he calls it "The Bermuda Triangle" and i converted to diabolo
It works really well :P
Im gonna make a video showing it soon

If you have more ideas then post em here!

Cheers!
~Adam
Will eat for Diabolo!

thetemple94

Re: Yo-Yo to Diabolo tricks and vise versa
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 05:10:29 pm »
Skin The Gerbil variations.

Temps (can't think of anything else ATM)
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

spinnin pig

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 05:17:16 pm »
remember this forum is open to all ages and skinning gerbils isnt something you should be influencing people to do  :D
yes i know skin the gerbils is a yo-yo trick
tricks im happy with
2d stuff
grinds
sticktrap
sticktrap double release
sprinkler/sprinkler suicide

Adamer15

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 06:52:04 pm »
Well we made a new trick a few minutes ago XD

Broken Elevator

Its when you do a normal lift then throw both sticks in the air catch one start infinite suicide and your done :P

Dont ask me how we got it
Will eat for Diabolo!

CirqueKid

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 06:15:00 am »
remember this forum is open to all ages and skinning gerbils isnt something you should be influencing people to d

You're right, we shouldn't be skinning gerbils, we should be practicing our suicides and genocides!   :P
Oh, and don't forget to show your friends your Chinese whip!

yes i know skin the gerbils is a yo-yo trick

That there be some awfully small text!  I bet some can't even figure out how to read that.
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]

stlmoyo

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 08:28:56 am »
What about the Matrix? I noticed in Shane Smith's freestyle he adapted the matrix into a diabolo trick. Pretty cool looking not sure if he made it up or got it from a video. 8)

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 02:11:29 pm »
I learnt a sucide with just the string (makes a loop and is caught a loop). Then when you drop it crossed the diabolo winds up and you can start it again by rolling out the whole string and you can restart it from there (like a slow yoyostart and works surprisingly consistant). Since the string gets tied in two separate ways it must be a yoyotrick from somewhere, but there are so many so don´t know what it is.

Why hasn´t Langerz or Nick (someone else too perhaps) posted like a million of their tricks here? They certainly have a lot of cool yoyostyletricks.

remember this forum is open to all ages and skinning gerbils isnt something you should be influencing people to do 

Says a person with the handle "spinnin pig" ;D.
'
Its when you do a normal lift then throw both sticks in the air catch one start infinite suicide and your done

I just got a trickidea from that (dunno if it works though), thank you for sharing.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 06:21:29 pm »
Then i had an idea to preform a vertax over the head sun in yo-yo
It worked really well

That is or very similar to the 'old school' texas cowboy.
Behind your back is your front.

Adamer15

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 06:50:00 pm »
Well my friend gave me his yo yo and i made up this really wierd double trapeze variation in yo yo
Will eat for Diabolo!

Shawn Fumo

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 07:22:53 pm »
Here's a thought.. you know where you whip a diabolo with both strings going into the gap so that it winds up and you can redirect it outward again?

There's a similar move in offstring yo-yo where you just whip the entire length of the string at the yo-yo, which causes it to wind up. But lately there's been many variations of it like draping the string over the shoulder so that as the yo-yo lands on it, it winds up.

I wonder if all those variations would work on a diabolo as well? It's a little trickier since the string will be somewhat shorter in that it's doubled up, and probably harder to control in general, but certainly worth looking at. I haven't watched nearly as many diabolo videos as I should, so these variations may already be explored, but I figured it'd be worth mentioning in case...

Another thing might be the trick helicopter, which uses a counterweight. Generally the yo-yo moves in a circular plane while the counterweight moves in a horizontal plane, so that the two cross with each other. This should be possible with a diabolo by rotating it with one stick and then swinging the other strick around horz by holding the string near it. I tried it a bit but it's difficult to pull off because of the weight of the diabolo. I'm sure one of you could manage it though. Here's a video of it with a yo-yo:

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 08:09:18 pm »
your a genious!

4a regen stuff would definatly work! i'm gonna try that

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Will G

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 10:08:28 pm »
Hi

LaNgErZ, you should do a yo-yo video. Pretty please with sprinkles on top.
P.S what yo-yo do you have.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 02:32:29 am »
Please also try the one where you just whip and then whip it back into speed again (don´t know the yoyotricks name :-[).

Would any of this work with normal diabolo and/or normal axles? Like, draping the string over the shoulder from having both sticks in one hand like for a whip?

Maybe I´m thinking about it way wrong, but wouldn´t the helicopter just be achieved by continous suns + swinging the stick? If so it seems very easy?

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 08:16:25 pm »
that helicopter thing works with the loops at the end of sticks)

csephiroth

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 04:19:27 am »
i use yoyo crossovers for almost all of my diabolo tricks. some of what i am able to do at this point includes: green triangle laceration, matrix, 4a style regens (with fixed axle), electric fan (from 5a yoyo style), string rejection, slack bobbling, braintwister, cross armed mount, and mach 5. if anyone would like a tutorial or what not for any of these tricks and you are certain one does not already exist just let me know. Some of these tricks are also present in my video entitled "worlds away"

-peace
spintastics diabolo team

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 04:37:46 am »
use yoyo crossovers for almost all of my diabolo tricks. some of what i am able to do at this point includes: green triangle laceration, matrix, 4a style regens (with fixed axle), electric fan (from 5a yoyo style), string rejection, slack bobbling, braintwister, cross armed mount, and mach 5. if anyone would like a tutorial or what not for any of these tricks and you are certain one does not already exist just let me know. Some of these tricks are also present in my video entitled "worlds away"

-peace

Learnt both Mach 5 and green triangle from your worlds away video (and then learnt them on yoyo too afterwards ;)).

Green triangle is not so cool to do as it looks really (just a normal slackcaught and pulled at the same time, but still many thanks anyway for helping me learn it) but your Mach 5 is brilliant imho and it works even for non-yoyoinspired styles.

Would definitely love to see the rest of those tricks you list in a video.