Author Topic: EJC 2005  (Read 19581 times)

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
EJC 2005
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2005, 08:12:18 pm »
Awesome to hear so many of you are comin along, you actually gonna make it this time Void?  :wink:  here's hopin nobody offers you some money not to  :lol:

The Void

EJC 2005
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2005, 11:28:07 pm »
Yes, I'll make it. I'm a minion in a Grand Scheme, so have to be there.  8)
I was really annoyed about missing the Hat Fair, especially since I had to do p....

po.....

No, I can't bring myself to type it. But it was traumatic, I can tell you.

The Void
Look! That's a washable raccoon!
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Matt_H

EJC
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2005, 11:30:21 pm »
Well a badly timed wedding on the 13th means (cash permitting) i'll be coming but arriving a little late.

hope i can make it !!!

Dr Matt_H

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
Re: EJC
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2005, 12:09:15 am »
Quote from: Matt_H
Well a badly timed wedding on the 13th means (cash permitting) i'll be coming but arriving a little late.

hope i can make it !!!

The EJC is the only convention that I have quit my job to make sure I could attend. It is also the only convention that has caused me to tell my sister I couldn't be at her wedding because it clashed.

So I guess it is a pretty sure thing that I'll be there this year.
Luke

looby

• Donator
EJC 2005
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2005, 10:47:45 am »
how are you fellow brits planning on getting there. I'm from Kent so Manston airport's my best option except they only fly as far as budapest.  Is this the case for anyone else? and if so how are you getting from budapest to ptuj? i would save myself the hassle and fly to prague (about 90km away) but it's from heathrow and theyve bumped the price up to about £240 return!! from manston it's only £35. Any help greatly appreciated

P.S If anyone's driving to the venue and happens to have a spare bit of roomage in their car  :wink:
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
EJC 2005
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2005, 12:19:48 pm »
well, Stanstead to Lujbljana (sp?) was relatively cheap when i booked, but that was a while ago. Then we are getting the train to Ptuj. Dunno if that helps you. See ya there.

Mattias

EJC 2005
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2005, 02:39:21 pm »
I found a really cheap flight from stockholm to vienna which me and my friend will be taking, so just aim for a big city as those are the cheapest and then take the train from that city.

You can check trains going from and to with this webpage: http://www.travelnotes.org/General/eurotrains.htm

See you there.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Vojtas

EJC 2005
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005, 05:20:39 pm »
There is going so many of you guys... Me not.. Not enough money, not enough age... Who's coming next year?  :wink:
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Chiok

• Donator
EJC 2005
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2005, 05:45:03 pm »
Next year is Ireland, Dublin I think.  Which is definitely much more up my street so I should almost certainly making an effort for that one (wanted to go to this one but I've just started my work placement then  :( ).  Plus Ireland is sooo nice.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Joe

EJC 2005
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2005, 11:24:21 pm »
I got a realy cheap flight from glasgow to pizza then then rent a car and drive to putji in slovinia
Fire is fun

EJC 2005
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2005, 10:09:43 pm »
i come to ejc for my fan you will reconize me with my t-shirt capitaine buisson  and my caméra hope i can film sean :D
to be or not to be that is or that is Not the question...

jelen

EJC 2005
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2005, 11:51:36 am »
from spain we are goring like 3 diabolist and some other jugglers!!! we will go in interrail from france through italy ant to Slovenia!!! 26 days to go!!!!!!

Llama_Bill

EJC 2005
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2005, 09:26:04 pm »
What flights and trains are people getting from England as there is a small chance I might be going if it aint too expensive and have someone to follow down.
Bill.

Martijn

EJC 2005
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2005, 06:29:09 pm »
I was wondering: which of you MFP's are going to the EJC in Slovenia this year? That would be very cool :D Priam, JiBe, can one of you tell us perhaps?
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Priam

• VotW Contributor
EJC 2005
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2005, 12:39:15 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
I was wondering: which of you MFP's are going to the EJC in Slovenia this year? That would be very cool :D Priam, JiBe, can one of you tell us perhaps?

As tourists : JiBe, Eric, Antonin, Trash, Tony and maybe Vux
As performer : me ;-) , to present the premiere of my new act with normal diabolos (not the luminous act).

Of course workshops are planned, but a new thing appears this year :

The diabolo siteswap exhibition :  I am now preparing a big list of about 30 siteswaps with 2, 3 and 4 diabolos (normal or tricky siteswaps), and the goal is to do the whole list during the session. I hope to have Tony & JiBe to help me, and I also hope that the outside place to do it will be ok (ground, wall behind, no wind, sky color...).

So C U there !

Priam

Martijn

EJC 2005
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2005, 10:11:07 pm »
Quote from: Priam
As performer : me ;-) , to present the premiere of my new act with normal diabolos (not the luminous act).

Okay, thanks for telling Priam. Are you performing at the public show or at another show (open stage, opening show, etc...) I am going to perform some stuff with 1 and 2d at the open stage. I'm looking forward to it! (let's hope Priam and I are not in the same show, or I will be blown away :lol: )

That siteswap exhibition souds very cool. Good luck with that! :) But I still don't know what an 'exhibition' is exactly. Can someone explain it? Thanks.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Chiok

• Donator
EJC 2005
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2005, 11:00:15 pm »
Quote from: Dictionary.com
Exhibition - A large public display, as of goods or works of art / An act of showing or displaying

I think 30 diabolo siteswaps (30 siteswaps, not 30 diabolos!) would constitute the above definition.  That sounds awesome though, you know it's gonna be great when members of TMFP come together.  Is a 7531 on the list...?

Chiok

Priam

• VotW Contributor
EJC 2005
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2005, 02:02:05 pm »
Quote from: Martijn

Okay, thanks for telling Priam. Are you performing at the public show or at another show (open stage, opening show, etc...) I am going to perform some stuff with 1 and 2d at the open stage. I'm looking forward to it! (let's hope Priam and I are not in the same show, or I will be blown away :lol: )

When I say performer, I mean invited performer for the Gala Show.
For the other shows, I will probably perform the luminous show, and, maybe, the new duo routine of Eric & Antonin will be presented in a open stage.

About the exhibition : I use the word "exhibition" and not "show" because we can't  do a siteswap session on stage since I have never seen a stage able to fit a throw 6 (because of the ceiling or the wind).
Jules (the organizer) told me that the pool near the EJC site has a big wall, where, maybe, it's good to do siteswaps.
Furthermore, it's going to be more like a training session, long, with breaks and with drops.

The siteswaps list will be kept secret until the last moment since my 4d is improving everyday and since I have to explain to Tony what mean these strange numbers  :wink:

Priam

Chiok

• Donator
EJC 2005
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2005, 03:29:57 pm »
About the exhibition : I use the word "exhibition" and not "show" because we can't  do a siteswap session on stage since I have never seen a stage able to fit a throw 6 (because of the ceiling or the wind).
Damn, how high is a 6 throw?  Probably looking at old Roman Catholic Cathedrals.  Or a museum, or maybe one of those buildings that has a large spiral staircase like a hotel.  Or an office building that has all mezzanine floors. (the ideas flood through)
Jules (the organizer) told me that the pool near the EJC site has a big wall, where, maybe, it's good to do siteswaps.
Someone might have to be designated swimmer and play diabolo-pickup boy...
The siteswaps list will be kept secret until the last moment since my 4d is improving everyday and since I have to explain to Tony what mean these strange numbers  :wink:
Ah ha! The chink in Tony's armour, let's baffle him with siteswaps!

Chiok

Arjan

EJC 2005
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2005, 08:30:50 pm »
I`m looking forward, to the whole EJC, especially to all of this!