Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Collaboration 2008: Request for Videos  (Read 20034 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca Collaboration 2008: Request for Videos
« on: July 23, 2008, 08:49:24 pm »
Yes, it's finally here.

Martijn will be this year's editor and the video will be subtitled "Work in Progress".

Given the number of people now participating, we're shaking the submission process up a bit to make the editor's job easier.

Read all about the details. Please submit your videos through the form. Deadline: August 31st.

Got questions? You can discuss here (but don't spoil your clip!) or email Martijn at: collab08 "at" diabolo.ca.

Let the filming begin!

(We'll put the Video of the Week series on hold for the month of August)

Diabolo Bro

Re: Diabolo.ca Collaboration 2008: Request for Videos
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:11:00 am »
Awesome! Looking forward to see what people come up with.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:57:43 am »
>:( I don't like the theme, since it's well the same as always. I only have one idea, and another thing I really wanted to do I can't now (which discourages me). I liked the locations theme better since it was more open to everyone, and beginners aren't just turned off. :(
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Squiggle

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:58:41 am »
>:( I don't like the theme, since it's well the same as always. I only have one idea, and another thing I really wanted to do I can't now. I liked the locations theme. :(

Thanks for letting us know.

Will film asap.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 05:00:08 am »
Thanks for letting us know.

Will film asap.

I redid it, though it's pretty much the same. :-\

>:( I don't like the theme, since it's well the same as always. I only have one idea, and another thing I really wanted to do I can't now (which discourages me). I liked the locations theme better since it was more open to everyone, and beginners aren't just turned off. :(
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 06:09:58 am »
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Locations is in there. Read to the end of the page and the form. We plan to include the location of each diaboloist the first time they appear. Great locations are always an asset and a great location that emphasizes where you're from is even better. An otherwise somewhat seen before trick but in a novel and interesting location just might do the job. We don't, however, feel this is reasonable as the only theme.

What do you really expect us to film as diaboloists for diaboloists but interesting ideas about the diabolo that will amuse and inspire each other?

I think Seán_ said it best what this is really about:
I always threw a few clips forward for the previous collab any way to give the editor a choice, I saw these as a solid move (hopefully), something new or unusual maybe a bit jokey possibly a wip basically a mix... anyhow I see a rough theme as being 'send 'Tijn some stuff that should make his job of making another cool collab video easier' (I wont send him too much stuff hopefully).

To this end I'm hoping to do my best to get some nice stuff down on tape, trying my best to get a semi decent back drop, with some lead in and lead out to aid editing, avoiding a humongous long combo which can be a nightmare to edit in (or at least if I do send a combo I'll try and have a send the money shot move seperate). I plan to get it to him in as good a quality as I can.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 06:49:30 am »
Current idea is great in my opinion. Can't wait to get filming. Jake and I have some great locations in mind. And brilliant ideas that will scare you.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

juzooboy

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 11:09:52 am »
awesome! i sent one clip but i go fliming and then i sent second clip...  ;)

cereal

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 11:40:55 am »
if I can get my hands on a good camera,
I would definitely send a video in

cereal

Will G

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 02:38:57 pm »
Hi

Does any one know if LaNgErZ will show his FTET it this video

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 02:47:35 pm »
Hi

Wait and see  ;D come one people, dont spoil the suprises =] id rather wait and see what people have filmed rather than be told everything thats going to be in.

luabduch

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 09:47:00 pm »
cool!!

I'm going to record my video for a brazilian championship on saturday (I'll post this here...)
soh before day 31 I'll record some other things too..

;D

nev

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 10:13:28 pm »
I think Mr L would prefer to put in his own tricks - which he has plenty of.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 04:51:39 pm »
^ right you are captain, not my trick to show off unfortunately (genious none the less).

still contemplating........ need to get up north....... grrrrr

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 12:24:39 pm »
Cool, looking forward to this years collaboration! I like the theme, I think I might be able to make my d.ca collaboration debut this year :P
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 06:09:03 pm »
Please, don't forget that your video needs to be recorded and encoded in sufficient quality for Martijn to re-encode and edit it.

Please follow our advice and use/borrow a real video camera. Your video will probably be 720x576 (PAL) or 720x480 (NTSC) and in DV-AVI format. That means each clip will be somewhere between 50-100mb. Videos that have been compressed in any kind of other format (.wmv, .mov, .mp4, or even youtube!), won't be of high enough quality to edit together.

If you are uncertain about your video format, google it and/or contact Martijn at collab08 "at" diabolo.ca.

Peter Skoett

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 05:37:16 pm »
I don't quite understand the theme: "Work in progress"  :-\

Does this mean that people have to show something they are still working on and can barely handle or something that people can build on for combos and variations???  ???  ???  ???

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 05:56:18 pm »
''So, what does "Work in Progress" mean? Well, it means "innovative" like in previous years, but with an additional slant: more to the experimental/radical/new side. We do not mean "sloppy" or "unfinished", but merely an idea that someone else could build on - an idea that perhaps you haven't fully explored yet. When it comes down to it, send us anything interesting!''
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Peter Skoett

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 09:13:10 am »
I see! Thank a lot  ;D  ;D  ;D

Squiggle

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 10:50:21 am »
What's the rules regarding drug abuse/nudity?

Trying to think of ideas.