Author Topic: NK Juggling 2008, Daniël's diabolo freestyle 6th place  (Read 2514 times)

Niclas

NK Juggling 2008, Daniël's diabolo freestyle 6th place
« on: July 23, 2008, 08:15:51 am »
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

iroQuai

Re: NK Juggling 2008, Daniël's diabolo freestyle 6th place
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:00:26 am »
Too bad you had so many drops, 'cause I really liked your style and tricks! They were fast and quite smooth..

Actualy, I was a bit surprised. with 6th place I had expected some boring and bad diabolo'ing, but that wasn't true at all. I wonder where you'd have end up when you had a flawless run with this tricks!

One other thing, now i've seen (almost?) all the movies from the NK diabolo, I start wondering how important it is to do 3D. For example, everybody had a bigger score than daniël. Could have been because he had so many drops (could very well have been) but I started thinking maybe it's also because he didn't do 3d.

Although I think it's impressive if somebody can do 3D, a lot of times I fiend it more interesting to look at some innovative 1 or 2D stuff. I got the feeling a bit that "the more, the better" counts at this NK.

One other thing to add means using the modify button ;)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:55 am »
Well, I haven't seen Arjans routine (only some flukes of it), but I think that when you see it, Iroquai (Stijn??), you will see that it isn't all about bigger and better.

Also, I don't think 3d is necassery to win. If I am correct former winners (Tom, Martijn, ...) have won without doing 3d.

On-topic: Too bad about the drops Daniël, there was some good stuff in it, like the behind the back feeding :) Why was your routine 3 minutes though? The others were 5 minutes :o. I think that also wasn't a big advantages for your score...
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:32:53 pm »
The reason this freestyle ended up last is because it scored really low on personality (perhaps presentation as well). Basically you're watching a William copycat.

I got the feeling a bit that "the more, the better" counts at this NK.

Definitely not. As I explained in an other NK vid thread, we judge on technical level, personality and presentation. So if you're really good and can do 4d, you'd probably score a 10 on technique, but you can still end up last if you score low for the other 2 elements.

Oh and when I won, none of the 4 competitors could do 3d. Tom however, kicked everybody's arse without doing 3d (while some other competitors were doing 3).
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

iroQuai

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 02:18:14 pm »
Thanks Martijn & Marijn (lol) for the reply's! Although I actually didn't really expect that "the more, the better" was true, I'm happy to read two people writing it's not true. My main focus is to have a nice and creative flow with 1 diabolo, more than to use as many diabolo's as possible. When I'll compete, I do not think I'll do 3d (for i can't even shuffle 3d) and I'm still doubting if I'd do 2. I try to keep the same flow with 2 as i have with 1, but it takes quite some time to have the flow, have the basic tricks AND create nice variations!

Anyway, i'll definitely compete next NK! (at least, if I'm in Holland at the time and if I won't forget to keep checking when the NK is held! ;) )

(O and yes, iroQuai = Stijn)

cereal

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 04:14:33 pm »
hye

indeed to bad of the drops , and I didn't like the music just IMO

but the 2d tricks were very nice

cereal

Ethan

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 01:59:21 am »
some nice stuff with 1D, 2D was great, loved the behind the back 1-2
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

Drolleboer

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 08:53:51 pm »
The reason this freestyle ended up last is because it scored really low on personality (perhaps presentation as well). Basically you're watching a William copycat.

Definitely not. As I explained in an other NK vid thread, we judge on technical level, personality and presentation. So if you're really good and can do 4d, you'd probably score a 10 on technique, but you can still end up last if you score low for the other 2 elements.

Oh and when I won, none of the 4 competitors could do 3d. Tom however, kicked everybody's arse without doing 3d (while some other competitors were doing 3).

Thx for all the comments good or bad.

And Martijn is a little bit right about the copycat thing, but I like Wiliam's style.(Next year I'll try something else)

There are two things I'd like to say,
1. Sander, Bas and Gijs have all the same style in my conception.(no offence)
2. Arjan's routine had to less diabolo in it and to much artistic.(although not many on this forum saw it)

This was my opinion.