Author Topic: Quality problems with diabolo products  (Read 10383 times)

Alex

Quality problems with diabolo products
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2005, 08:20:10 pm »
Quote from: Ed
I bought a normal pair of wooden handsticks (they came with a beginers diabolo) and not long after i had them one of them snapped while i was whipping, wheather this is me or bad quality sticks i haven't got round to doing anything about it since because i had carbon fibres on order (when they arrived they were fine for my whipping) well thats one of the things i have found with poor quality. i really liked these stick aswell they were quite light and thin and suicides were really easy with them, oh well.

I've broken no less than three pairs of wooden handsticks through whipping.  Some more than once, because I would tape them up, and they would break in another place!

I guess those who use wooden usually do wrapped orbits.

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 10:01:13 pm »
i just snapped one of my nice carbon sticks that i've had since june and its about 60 miles to the nearest oddballs...what advice does anyone have to offer

je4d seems to believe that henry's will replace them for free, is this true? and how do i go about it (i'm poor)?

Mithew

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005, 02:10:51 am »
i had a similar problem with carbon fibers, mine have been fine for 6 or so months (and i got them used), when i was doing infinite suicides into genocides the string curled up and part of the sticks imploded, they still work, but they're really flexible, and i don't think i'll be able to replace the string since near the grip is kind of caved in.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 08:48:11 am »
Quote from: garner
je4d seems to believe that henry's will replace them for free, is this true? and how do i go about it (i'm poor)?
Henrys usually have a reputation for replacing any of their faulty equipment, whether or not snapping carbon fibre sticks is faulty is yet to be determined.  I've known them to replace any of their clubs that break due to anything at all.

Why not phone or email whomever you bought the sticks from and maybe they will sort you out a replacement for only the small cost of postage without having to send to Germany.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 10:48:11 am »
thanks for that. i will email them asap

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 12:08:13 pm »
At my juggling club last year i broke my string and had brought no spare with me so i used the workshop ones. I managed to break 3 sets of their sticks and then snap the string on my friends spare sticks. I thought it best to stick with ball juggling for the rest of the evening.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 02:03:06 pm »
I find the new version of Henrys long carbon stick to break, bend and crack a lot easier than the old version with the thinner handles even though Henrys claim the thicker handle is supposed to make the stick more durable.

Does anyone here remember their old carbon sticks and how long they lasted? It´s really annoying to sometimes break week-old sticks on whip-duicide/genocide tricks (even though the new stick weight makes them better for these tricks). My old, thin sticks lasted for three years while the new ones sometimes lasts for only one week. Have anyone else also noticed this?

This isn´t meant to be a complaint on henrys though, since they are always really nice and helpful when you recieve a faulty product. I just wish they would have kept the old stickmodels as well as introducing the new ones.

El Chinho

DiabGlo No
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 03:16:34 pm »
I bought a DiabGlo from a mail-order place in America.  The first one, both light kits didn't work (one of them did for a bit, the other one: not a sausage.)  They sent me 2 new kits, which both worked - although not all the time.
The actual diablo itself was good and i used it as my main one for a bit, but after about 6 months (not particularly long im sure you'll agree, oh my brothers and only friends) i had to patch it up with gaffer-tape and eventually it just plain broke.
I gave up at that point and bought a finesse g2, but the moral is - don't buy a DiabGlo, 'cos they're proper rubbish.
right now, i see clearer than most,
i sit here continuing with this cheese on toast

i feel the pain of the third world famine, as we
count our blessings and keep damning

je4d

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 07:33:48 pm »
Quote from: garner
i just snapped one of my nice carbon sticks that I've had since June and its about 60 miles to the nearest oddballs...what advice does anyone have to offer

je4d seems to believe that henry's will replace them for free, is this true? and how do i go about it (I'm poor)?

One of the blue ones you had with you just on sunday? ouch :/

I'm not sure I said they *will* replace them.. but I may have said that they should, it's definitely worth asking.

I'll cross my fingers and hope that my 6-month-old carbons don't suffer the same fate anytime soon..

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2005, 03:25:48 am »
well, to bring up a new subject, i got a new G2 and the evo4 kit but there were no threads on the screw holes...i contacted Firetoys (where i bought it) and they contacted MB and they are replacing my hub thingy (or whatever it is) for me.

so even though there is/was a problem, firetoys comes through, which is why ive bought from them plenty of times and i will continue to :)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2005, 09:32:20 am »
Go Firetoys!! You're right they are great. They have really quick postage in the U.K.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2005, 05:38:58 pm »
well they ship really slow to the US, but at least they have good customer service and a wide range of products. i've bought from them tons of times even though i have to fight through VAT and crazy shipping costs.

fadge

mr babache
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2005, 10:49:26 am »
i bought some mr babache xtreme handsticks with the clear handgrips and the tip snapped clean off after bout 2-3 weeks and i hadn't even used them that hard. anyone else have this problem or no what i can do?????
anyhelp would be cool

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2005, 02:46:54 pm »
ask the shop where you bought them, maybe you'll get another pair for free

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2005, 05:07:49 pm »
Ohhh trousers!! I broke my Mr b extremes while doing some crazy double two hands whip. Tried to catch a high diab and had to swing out to catch it. then i dorpped the stick which fell on the floor with a satisfying crack. And there you have it, a broken stick snapped off at the end with the screw thread still inside the tip.

Martijn

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2005, 05:43:44 pm »
Well, I suggest you make a photo of that, send it to MB, and say their sticks aren't good. If everybody with stick problems does this, maybe they will be motivated to have another look at it, and improve their design. I sure hope so...
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2005, 08:31:20 pm »
I got what I paid for when I went to Unicycle.com lol.  Ordered 25m of yellow string (henry's, I checked by email first) and got sent 10m, 10m and 5m of green  :(  O well, it was nigh on half the price of 25m from Firetoys so I may as well use it up twice as fast and get some good stuff after.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2005, 10:36:44 pm »
Hey, my stick had had plenty of use, they were bound to wear out eventually. I know others have had problems with breakages within very short amounts of time but i have no need to complain. unless you want me to just to get them to have another look at the design.

Mithew

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2005, 01:39:07 am »
i'm happy to say my new carbon fibres arrived, and they are working fine.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2005, 08:07:55 pm »
yay, yesterday i received my new outer hub (for G2) from firetoys. too bad i dont know where my allen wrench is or i'd have it on and going already. but, another testament to what firetoys can do ;)