Author Topic: Evolution Stunt Team  (Read 4940 times)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Evolution Stunt Team
« on: July 31, 2008, 05:22:00 am »
I'm a part of the Evolution Stunt Team and this is the debut video of the Evolution Stunt team in their new home, the E.A.S.T center or the Evolution Action Sports Team Center based out of Norwood, Massachsuetts. We are a group of gymnasts, diaboloists, jugglers, and performers. We hope you enjoy this video. If you wish to join us or book us for a show, go to www.evolutionactionsports.com for more information.

Hope you enjoy.  I realize this is mostly gymnastics but I wanted to get the word out about our team so spread the word! 

Josh

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Re: Evolution Stunt Team
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 06:32:38 am »
wow awesome ;D

I wish we had something like that here in San Antonio!!! >:( That's so cool!!! :o
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:15:01 pm »
Very nice, never seen you juggle, or do crazy stunts. Awesome video.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Ethan

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 03:26:06 pm »
that was awesome, unicycle+juggling, im almost there! crazy stuff in there
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

luabduch

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 06:11:24 pm »
wow!! very cool!!

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 06:22:30 pm »
i didn't like 96% of that video.
the 4% is 2:30 - 2:33

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 06:42:31 pm »
Decent promo video you've got there, not too much in the way of diabolo, but whatever. LOL @ garner.
Behind your back is your front.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 10:07:45 pm »
i didn't like 96% of that video.
the 4% is 2:30 - 2:33
Actually it's more like 1.5625% of the video you liked..... but why???
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 02:40:44 am »
Thanks for the comments.  but if you want to see us live go to say your school's princple or headmaster or dean or w/e to give us a call =) 

Garner, why didn't you like it?  It be so much more helpful to the forum if people who didn't like things in the video explained their comments instead of saying it sucked.

Josh

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 03:39:00 am »
Feeling a sudden urge to go jump on a trampoline now even in the middle of the night ;D

Vid was nice but far to little diabolo/juggling overall, though that obviously wasn´t the point of the vid either. May I please request a fan+salto combined sometime? Tried it off a hill once and it hurt, didn´t have nearly enough height...but you have trampolines so with those the height should be no issue for you.
Do you plan on integrating any of these acrobatics into juggling perhaps (Frebourgstyle)?

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 03:43:27 am »
Like a fan w/ a flip or a roll?  hm... might hurt myself majorly but i wanna try it ^.^  Ya I'm getting some of my floor stuff better then i'll start adding some stuff especially for street shows cause it's impressive haha. 

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 03:48:17 am »
I tried it. Its really strange when you hit peak of your jump though because of the "zero gravity" effect you get. So the fan looses alot of friction. I tried is yesterday and today though. I'll get it soon.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 04:11:40 am »
Like a fan w/ a flip or a roll?  hm... might hurt myself majorly but i wanna try it ^.^  Ya I'm getting some of my floor stuff better then i'll start adding some stuff especially for street shows cause it's impressive haha.

I meant with a normal flip (front or back), can´t imagine how it would even work with a roll. 360 fan + 360 twist would be supernatural 8). You could always try to do it onto one of those very thick mats (crashmats in english?) and just land on your back to avoid injury (possibly a helmet too for diabolos falling/crashing). Yes would look a bit silly but would be nice to know if the trick works. Or continous B-kicks jumping over excalibur in one hand would be less dangerous to try, that could even work on ground too.

I tried it. Its really strange when you hit peak of your jump though because of the "zero gravity" effect you get. So the fan looses alot of friction. I tried is yesterday and today though. I'll get it soon.

^I feel this a little everytime during a lying-down fan before it crashes (can´t do that trick). Always thought it would help to keep the fan very stationary and flip" around" it but that´s so much easier said than done.

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 02:33:00 am »
I want a trampoline that big. 'Nuff said.

mykill

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 02:07:19 am »
I want a trampoline that big. 'Nuff said.

lol same....

you guys remind me of Urban Ninja with juggling.
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 08:10:06 pm »
Ha thanks guys.  I tried the roll w/ the fan and it's freaking scary and it won't work.  At least i don't think it's possible.  I have another idea though like fan 360 but all in one motion in one jump.  I'll see if it works haha.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 03:07:50 am »
Just to contradict you. I was having a play at circus with the mini trampolines and crashmats and I managed the the flip while sfanning. But I didn't have enough momentum to land so I fell back and the fan collapsed. :(
Slightly offtopic - I landed my first double twisting frontsault also.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 03:47:40 am »
really?  i like freak out and forget to bring it over me haha. i might try it again.

offtopic- wow nice.  I use to chuck those into the pit, I can only get rudis at the moment (1 1/2 twisting).  I flipped over like the equivalent of 7 people the other day though =)

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 11:27:24 pm »
Garner, why didn't you like it?

it was boring to watch. thats not to say that what you were doing was boring. but it seems sketchy in parts, not very well choreographed on the duo parts, seeing a clip of a vertax genocide that was cut before the trick completion is very similar to pulling out (in terms of satisfaction). the poi, the devilsticks and the club juggling were so amazing it makes me happy that i live on the other side of the world where reality matters. you don't want a quarter of a promo video to be credits, so just have the credits on a site and put a link to the site in the video.

that was a promo video? lol
I'd hire you, but definitely not for anything i saw in that video (except for the name BJ, brilliant).

P.S. do you charge enough for these shows to cover transport of the equipment, yourselves, sleeping arrangements, insurance.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 12:23:28 pm »
Thank you garner for your input and I'll try to improve it for the next video.

Josh