Poll

Do you thinks it is possible to do 5 diabolos

Yes
31 (96.9%)
No
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: April 07, 2005, 09:39:01 pm

Author Topic: Five Diabolos  (Read 8563 times)

Joe

Five Diabolos
« on: April 07, 2005, 09:39:01 pm »
does anyone do five diabolos i think its vitualy impossible
Fire is fun

Punkerpanda

Five Diabolos
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 10:02:30 pm »
i think ryo and tony have done it.

el_grimley

Five Diabolos
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 10:04:03 pm »
I saw Tony F do 5 at Svenbourg, Although I think someone started 2 of the diabolos for him (possibly JiBe or someone else from the MFP).

I also heard a rumour he did 6 the next day, but I think it is just a rumour.

G
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.

Ed

Five Diabolos
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 10:07:57 pm »
Yes it is possible,
You will find tony freebourg and ryo yabe can do it ryo yabe carries the record look at this topic for more info " Ryo Yabe's website with videos ".

Edit- and on http://www.hogonopro.com/~ryo/

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Five Diabolos
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 11:33:05 pm »
Well yu can debate the word 'do'. 2 people have flashed 5 (well actually Tony didn't catch the 5th one he threw, so only made 4 catches [although 9 throws {ah, the power of counting throws}] but Ryo throw all 5 again, so only Ryo has flashed 5 [if you watch very carefully you will note that he DOES throw the 5th before the 6th hits the floor, so it counts {just}])*

So there you go on the flashing note, as for doing, i think you mean running with enough comfort to maybe finish cleanly or perhaps throw in a 64 or 66661 (hmm, prap snot) in that case i think Tony has the best chance, he has the best 4 high, he barely moves if it gets going. If he trains things like 53, 5551 and pirouettes then there is no reason why he cant run 5 with relative ease*2

Maybe you mean the shuffle, in which case  :?  hehe, ok it might be possible in a few years, but it wont be small.

there's my tuppence

Norbi
--------------------------------
http://www.norbithejuggler.co.uk
norbi@norbithejuggler.co.uk

*check my bad-ass brackets usage.
*2 relative to anyone else doing it  :wink:

Chiok

• Donator
Five Diabolos
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 12:18:54 am »
It is possible, and there is video proof of it.  I can't say who'll get there first with a qualify though.

Maybe you mean the shuffle, in which case  hehe, ok it might be possible in a few years, but it wont be small.

Maybe if you had "really" long arms and a long string, maybe two people could do it between themselves off of a balcony, who knows...[1]

Chiok
[1] I for one don't know, and that is some heavy bracketing
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Five Diabolos
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 09:45:24 am »
Quote from: xfirebladex
It is possible, and there is video proof of it.  I can't say who'll get there first with a qualify though.

Maybe you mean the shuffle, in which case  hehe, ok it might be possible in a few years, but it wont be small.

Maybe if you had "really" long arms and a long string

Why so? if the shuffle is above stick height then it shouldnt really matter. Just aslong as there is ALWAYS atleast 1 diabolo on the string and therefor the string NEVER gets tight then it is a shuffle. So it can be fooking huge and still be classed as 5 low becuase, well in comparison, it will be a lot lower than 5 high.

Joe

6 diabolos
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 11:13:06 am »
what about six diabolos
Fire is fun

Mattias

Five Diabolos
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 12:58:15 pm »
But it shouldnt count if they dont start by themselves.

But it shouldn't be that different from starting four, except for higher tosses, couldn't they just have the fourth diabolo(1 is on the string) in their mouth?
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

vch

Five Diabolos
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 01:00:08 pm »
On www.thewjf.com was written Ryo can do 6 diabolos, but I have never seen video... Does anyone know smtg more??

BTW: Here is 5 low - nice but impossible I think  :?
http://www.satori.cz/antonin6nr.jpg

Martijn

Five Diabolos
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 01:48:02 pm »
Quote from: vch
On www.thewjf.com was written Ryo can do 6 diabolos, but I have never seen video... Does anyone know smtg more??

Yes, I've seen Ryo doing a very short run with 6: 7 throws (I don't know if Ryo wants that video to be released, so just believe me). Someone throws (just like in the 5d video) the 3 extra diabs for him.

I think Tony is good at starting many diabolos by himself. He throws 3 diabs with his hand and starts 4d high. You have to be pretty precise and fast to do that. I don't know for sure, but someone told me he was training 4 and 5 diabolos high in the gym in Carvin (last year's EJC) with a self start. We already have seen he can do 4 diabs pretty steady: 5551, 55550 ( :shock: ) So why not 5 or 6?

BTW: Here is 5 low - nice but impossible I think  :?

Yes, I've seen it. A great photoshop-image :wink:
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Ed

Five Diabolos
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 01:58:05 pm »
can he actually carry on the 5 diabolo shuffle low?

so, an image trick

right.

Edit-How many is he actually doing?

Mattias

Five Diabolos
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 02:04:15 pm »
I saw Mattias Jönsson(the only swedish diaboloer that can do 3 high solid I think) do self starts with 4, looks pretty stressful, but I can imagine an extra diabolo can be tossed up.
A shame it didnt go all to well for him at the NJC which was were I saw him. But when Jönsson was at his best he had a record of 25 catches with 4.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Sean

• Administrator
Five Diabolos
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 03:37:57 pm »
BTW: Here is 5 low - nice but impossible I think:

Credit goes to Harold Boisnel for putting together that great picture.

The only thing that gives it away is that Antonin looks far too relaxed. :P

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Five Diabolos
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 07:45:42 pm »
feel like i'm being annoyingly anal, but if you look closely, there are two pairs of the same exact diabolo.

On five low, someone should just get a long string, and have people throw in 3 or 2 more that are going real fast, then just move both hands up and down really fast, and see how many they can get. Might be interesting
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Vojtas

Five Diabolos
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 08:42:06 am »
What about 4 diabolo shuffle??
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Five Diabolos
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 10:17:13 am »
that is very doable, a few people are working on it at the moment, i don't know if they are really pushing it, but they are most likely to be french so Priam... is anyone getting anywhere?

Arjan

Five Diabolos
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2005, 10:01:25 pm »
From the way I see it:

People can do pretty accurate throw`s with 3 diabolo`s running siteswaps like 531, or 51. I think if people would train that stuff a lot, I might be possible to run 5 diabolo`s for maybe 15 throws. In the future I guess we`ll see that sort of stuff.
It is possible to throw a five in siteswap notation, so why not throw 5 diabolo`s?

I would like to hear your opinions  :roll:

juggleBG

Re: 6 diabolos
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 10:23:56 pm »
Quote from: Joe
what about six diabolos

On the WJF competitor profile site Ryo said under his records listing that he had done six.

Chiok

• Donator
Re: 6 diabolos
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2005, 11:17:44 pm »
Quote from: juggleBG

On the WJF competitor profile site Ryo said under his records listing that he had done six.

It's been discussed quite a bit on this forum about Ryo's alleged 6 diabolos.  Even earlier in this thread about him and Tony Frebourg's 5d flash.  If you search the site, you can find more about Ryo's supposed 6.

(and Tony has rumoured 6 as well)

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills