Author Topic: 2 Days ago...  (Read 1765 times)

Adamer15

2 Days ago...
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:06:46 pm »
Well guys something REALLY wierd happened to me 2 days ago...

I was doing normal orbit accelaration and the string was a bit grippy
Anyways the diabolo came to the left hand stick and the left stick just flew out of my hand... Did a insane amount of wraps on my diabolo, Hit my finger and flew away

And now i have no stick... A broken finger... And sadness  :'(
Will eat for Diabolo!

Paino

Re: 2 Days ago...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:12:49 pm »
ouch un lucky

Kingsid3

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:18:58 pm »
Ooooo. Nasty, pretty rare happening tho, so it won happen again.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 11:51:08 pm »
Ouch. But maybe you should think about if a thread like this had already been made? There is a diabolo injuries thread which is quite popular.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Aaron Z

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 08:31:26 am »
I had the same thing happen to me last Wednesday, but not as bad.

I was playing around with integrals, and finished up with what should have been a simple Mini-Gen. Unfortunately, I confused what kind of overwrap I had, and released the stick on the wrong side of the string.

So once I swing the diabolo to my right, and let go of the right handstick, I get that familiar feeling of the diabolo failing to un-wrap. So I go through the routine of waiting for the diabolo to finish its little circle, pulling the stick with it, while I positioned my hand for the catch.

Unfortunately, I was using thick Sundia orange string, which decided to chomp down on the axle- right next to my hand. So within like 0.001 seconds, there were about 15 wraps on the axle and the handstick slapped perfectly into my palm.

By 'handstick', I mean insanely light Sundia short carbon with a nicely padded foam grip. Regardless, it felt like getting by a lead pipe. No broken fingers, though.

fzzyrn

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 01:18:14 pm »
this kind of thing happened to martijn in his video "Dang-Diggy-Dang"
I dont think it broke anything or did any harm short of making him mad. You can see the expression on his face

Akse

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 04:13:32 pm »
Diabolo is extreme sport.