Author Topic: New Diabolo Tricks Website and Find work as a perofrmer in Yorkshire  (Read 2035 times)

Walton

It's been a long time in the making but I've finally finished my new diabolo tricks site, http://www.circsoc.com/diabolo

I've reorganised all the content from diabolotricks.net into separate articles, grouped into categories along the right hand side you can navigate through over 150 different tricks with detailed descriptions, most also with animations.  Your can rate your favourites and there is also a button at the bottom of every trick so if you need extra help or want to tell us about a trick variation you can click "discuss" and it'll make a forum post for you including a link to the trick you need help with.

The website is not just for diabolo there is also a growing list of juggling patterns using the JugglingLib Java animator and loads of photos and videos in our galleries.  So check it out.

Also if you looking for work as a professional performer in the Yorkshire area check out http://www.circsoc.com/work the find out how you can get paid work with CircSoc.

Thanks Guys

Sean

• Administrator
Re: New Diabolo Tricks Website and Find work as a perofrmer in Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:41:08 pm »
I assume this is all with Jim's (of http://diabolotricks.com) consent?

Walton

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 10:20:44 pm »
Of course  ;D, originally the site was just just going to be used by our members in Leeds buy thought you guys might also find it an easier way to find and discuss new tricks.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:09:39 am »
It's looking good. Are you going to be adding more tricks? It would be nice to see a site which goes a little deeper than diabolotricks or thediabolo.
Behind your back is your front.

allsoppy5

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 02:05:02 pm »
i signed up =)

Walton

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 05:16:14 pm »
Woop one more member! And Leo I really do want to try and make the best diabolo tricks website for any age and any skill level, our current plans are to add videos to all the tricks and also add a section where we take all the tricks featured in our video

There would be a section of the site where anyone who likes to video can learn all the tricks with video tutorials.
Additionally I could open up the website for your contributions, people would be able to write and submit their own diabolo trick articles for submission.  If any body here would want to add a few pages of tricks I'd be really grateful, just leave a comment here and I'll do the necessary coding to allow users to add pages.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 05:59:38 pm »
I'm not sure the three diabolo rocket start should be under 2 diabolo starts.  ;)

Walton

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 06:15:12 pm »
Well it'd be a bit of a waste giving it it's own section as it's the only 3D trick we got so far but thanks for checking it out