Author Topic: How to get motivation up?  (Read 2562 times)

Akse

How to get motivation up?
« on: September 04, 2008, 04:00:07 pm »
Everyone (at least I) has sometimes problems with their motivation to juggle, so I'm asking you how do you get your motivation up when it vanishes.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
Re: How to get motivation up?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 04:22:28 pm »
Try going to a convention near you. Worked great for me!

luabduch

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 06:37:49 pm »
watch videos (diabology is good!)
buy another diabolo
learn vertax
learn 2d and 3d....

and meet with other people to juggle...

Squiggle

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:32:16 am »
Do something else.

If I don't want to do it, I won't.  Diabolo isn't a thing I need to get better at. It's a thing I do for fun.

JJesse

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 12:10:11 pm »
Having a little period of time with no motivation is usual. Take a break, for example a week, it helps for me.

Horho Ent

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 01:47:53 pm »
there are days I cant be bothered Diaboloing, so I dont.

I have a group of 5 mates who're all into diabolo, and although i'm the only one can do two, I feel finding motivation to diabolo quite easy, as although we dont compete, we do aim to better ourselves and each other, so one learns a trick, we all do....

problem being, that i dont know anyone who can do two, and although the likes of diabology are good to show you things, they not as good as someone watching you and saying "try this instead", so motivation to improve on 2 is only when i've no more 1d tricks to attempt

i find motivation is a hit or miss thing...like said above, diabolo is a fun hobby... if you dont feel like diaboloing, dont...whats the point in doing something fun, at a time you wont enjoy it
Enjoying not playing, so you can keep score

albertt

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:53:42 pm »
Listen to music that you like, and motivate up you, while playing diabolos and watch a video before playing. ;)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 12:14:28 am »
have a cup of tea.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 12:34:36 am »
I haven't even touched a diabolo in a couple of weeks. A few more weeks and I might have another go. Too busy.
Having people who share the same interest will motivate me/someone to keep playing. I'm over teaching it, I want someone to teach me for a change.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 01:53:22 am »
alcohol/weed/heroin or just the lack of a regular work

Midoryu

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 02:46:05 am »
1.  Try to think back to what got you REALLY hyped for Diabolo.  When I say HYPED, I mean HYPED.  Then, all you need to do is re-enact that situation and you're good to go.

2.  Watch videos online to help get you pumped.  Usually seeing new tricks would make people want to learn them, so try that.

3.  Just quit.  If you want to, then quit.  If you don't want to, then after you quit you'll spring back in full force.

4.  Go to a person who knows diabolo.  Play with him.

For me it was a few months of lack of motivation before I came back fully loaded with V!@gr@ (censored for young people).  It's because diaboloing became a passion that, because I was away from it for such a long time (partly because I was sick of it, but mostly because I had way too much things to worry about), when I came back to it, I wanted to do more and try harder and accomplish so much more than before my break.  So just give it a few days and rest...it's probably just annoyance or a natural block that people will always get.
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

luabduch

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 06:02:34 am »
watch a video before playing.

It works great for me..