Author Topic: Diaboloing meets winter  (Read 6871 times)

kizzyontay52

Re: Diaboloing meets winter
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 02:47:31 pm »
Learn slackwhips and some tech combos, diabolo indoors.
"Its, a yoyo, not a mini diabolo. Yes, one of those things with the sticks and that, but this is a yoyo."

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 06:46:08 pm »
Behind your back is your front.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 08:13:14 pm »
Yea, got like -3 here and that's not even the night temperature. Looks like
winter is coming again. Sun hardly goes up anymore. What's that you say?
High suicide rates? I beg the differ. No more suicides, infinitive suicides or
genocides for us. Time stay in and practice your body moves and watch sunny
films from Italy, France...

You'd better watch out. There's high risk to break cup from your Fly when you drop
in cold.  ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:19 pm »

You'd better watch out. There's high risk to break cup from your Fly when you drop
in cold.  ;)

Gotta love Finesse's at that point =)

Hmm yea Its kinda cold outside but the most annoying part is. When I get back home from school during the week I have 30 minuts to diabolo before its getting dark.. I get home at 17:00 17:30 its dark...

And one more annoying thing of the winter is that the grass is ALWAYS WET!

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 07:25:42 am »
You've got grass during winter  :o

As i recall during summer, the grass would be wet quite often.
When it's winter, say no to grass because it dies. Well
that also depends how in which city you live in...

Well i'm glad, i've used to diabolo with circus and do have practice space.
So no complaints.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 02:13:43 pm »
This is my lack of motivation. 0 degrees at 2 in the afternoon and foggy as hell.
Behind your back is your front.

Jn4s

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 06:27:15 pm »
Yep

I think i try diabolo88's idea

Tomorrow i ask my gymteacher can i use the hall for diaboloing ?

hope he says something positive. ::)

And here is now +4 and the snow is ¨smelting¨ and its really wet and after 18:00 its so dark and i cant see where the stirng is :(  So that is anoying.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 09:41:24 pm »
Diaboloing outside in winter seems like a fantastic idea right? It's all white out, what a perfect setting for a video....well here are a few set backs that you may encounter.

Firstly it is freezing cold, catching sticks or transfering handsticks, or even holding on the the handsticks becomes increasingly difficult when the air is very cold, it makes any trick incredibly difficult.

Second of all, if you drop, your diabolo lands in the snow and gets soaked. I know you all know what happens then.

Thirdly it is crazy windy. I know you all know how bad it sucks to diabolo in the wind...especially high diabolo.

Fourth,even though its cold, the sun doesn't go away. If you look into the sky a blaring bright ligh scorches your eyes out, same for the reflection off the snow.

Fifth, if you dress warm, it gets in your way of diaboloing...its almost not worth dressing warm.

Sixth, it's icy. It is very difficult to diabolo while standing on ice...just ask Nate Sharpe.

Seventh, it's FREEZING!

Those are just to list a few. Anyway, though winter comes, I typically don't stop diaboloing. I can barely do any tricks with 3high, but I am actually good with 3low, this is because I couldn't practice outside when it was time for me to learn it, so I went for 3low instead. Winter is cool in many ways, but it is a nightmare from a juggling perspective.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 12:22:28 am »
Oh the sun goes a way. The day length is 5h 57mins currently and it's getting shorter all the time. Go 2 hours to north to lose on hour of day light. Some cities have already the dark season on, and forecast says "Sun doesn't rise or set today." Well it won't do that for a long time.

If you lose the snow it's even more dark. Haven't seen sun actually for two weeks since it's been clowdy. Just glad we got the daylight. Moon reflects some sunlight in dark too, that's why i just love to have clear sky. ;)

Just won't do diabolo outside.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 02:24:43 am »
Yeah, I actually haven't seen much of the sun recently, last year though there was a lot of clear sky, so it was freezing, but the sun was blaring, it was painfully bright and hard to trace high throws. There has been an overcast for the last couple days though. I don't really have a place to practice, sometimes we can get the gym at our school, but not as often as I'd like.

Ah yes, thanks Marko...aanother one.

You get home from school, and go outside to diabolo and all of a sudden realise that the sun is setting. ;)
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Jn4s

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 02:39:06 pm »

Yes !  :-D My gym teacher said that i can practice in our scool gym hall after scool.

So thanks for giving those tips im so happy because on my home is no space to do something tricks like excalibur genocide .

So now i can practice and btw i byed some new diabolos i bought 3 white finesses 1 black circus and tuning set so i will got much of practising space.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 04:08:45 pm »
Yeah, 4pm and it's already dark.  But don't want to complain. Aaro doesn't have sun at all for three or four months. :)