Author Topic: Diabolos in Vsetín  (Read 3347 times)

Vojtas

Diabolos in Vsetín
« on: April 17, 2005, 09:51:18 am »
Here is my first diabolo video. It's not so good, but I hope you'll like it. Please write some comments.
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

BlueNovember

Re: My first diabolo video
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 10:50:07 am »
Quote from: bLUe/shaDOw
Here is my first diabolo video. It's not so good, but I hope you'll like it. Please write some comments.

56meg! It'd better be good. :P
Comments to come.

Edit: Nicely done. :) Good choice of music too. Gotta love Greenday.

Lots of suncombos between tricks; everything was neatly linked. Impressive variation with the magic knots too; from monorail, open string, behind the back, over the leg, travelling, etc. Almost all the ones I can think of actually. There was also a trick I've not seen before; a variation on Dot-the-I. Seems to be more wraps than normal and an alternate exit.

The Exacalibur was the highlight of the vid imo. There's very little media on it  in circulation; this makes a great addition. Lots of suns, some whips, and a gennocide (eventually. :P). I especially liked the idea for speed-ups on either side of the head. Little things like that make for a unique style.

The 2d high could do with a little work (so close to hitting that pedestrian :D) but it's comming.

Good first vid. :)

barnesy

• Administrator
Diabolos in Vsetín
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 10:56:51 am »
Good stuff!  I like the way you're fitted a lot of those tricks together.  There's definitely a nice 1 diabolo routine in there.  But you spelt Vertax wrong! :P  I'm with Norbi on that one.

Martijn

Diabolos in Vsetín
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 11:05:17 am »
Very nice tricks dude! I like the excalibur the most, especially that whip catch :)

Keep up the good work!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Vojtas

Re: My first diabolo video
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 11:49:22 am »
Quote from: BlueNovember
The 2d high could do with a little work (so close to hitting that pedestrian :D) but it's comming.

I had a bad day. I can do it much much better. That's why I put it to the end of the vid :)
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolos in Vsetín
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 03:58:14 pm »
Great video. (I changed the subject of your thread to reflect the video... otherwise we end up with 50 different threads titled "My first diabolo video" ;) )

First of all, I think the music works well - definitely to my taste. Your 1 diabolo sequences have great flow and are nice to watch. The excalibur/vertax section was awesome. Love the 2 handed whips and the suicide. You have a high level of control with that technique.

If I could offer a suggestion for future videos (and I do expect more :) ), it would be to think about choosing a variety of interesting backgrounds when you film. Oh, and don't worry about using transitions other than simple fades and cuts... your great diaboloing and carefully chosen backgrounds should take care of themselves. :P

Thanks for sharing!

Sean

Vojtas

Diabolos in Vsetín
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 07:32:23 pm »
Sean, by the way, how's the translation of "Excalibur tutorial" going?  :D
And do you think I could send you the excalibur two hand whip catch as a "Trick of the week"?
-Morpheus

Vojtas

Diabolos in Vsetín
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 07:40:44 pm »
About the next video - There is a small problem: I have no other excalibur tricks yet and I have no ideas now. Another problem: In our city is about ten diabolists, but no one can do the excalibur, so there is nobody I can share the ideas with and I have nobody to pass the diabolo...
-Morpheus

Twilite

Diabolos in Vsetín
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 07:54:03 pm »
Wow, impressive stuff. Especially the Excalibur stuff; I've seen very little done with that, so that was all fresh stuff, and I was taken aback.

The music was cool too, it was all well edited. Not a huge fan of the transitions between scenes, but it's the diabolo everyone is watching for of course, so it's not a big deal.

Great work, I look forward to seeing more in the future.
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...