Author Topic: Is diaboling dangerous? (overuse injuries)  (Read 17466 times)

CirqueKid

Re: Is diaboling dangerous? (overuse injuries)
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2008, 02:29:14 am »
I'm not sure if your teeth are sore because of that, but maybe you just have a toothache or something.  I sometimes get this and my teeth will feel really sore, but they just get better over about a week or so.  I'm no dentist, so I'm not claiming to know the first thing about dental issues, though.

Myself, I find that my tongue rubs between my upper and lower molars when I concentrate on something really hard.  I'll come off of a practice session and realize my tongue has been all ripped up from the crushing force of my jaw.   :P (literally)  However, it really is just for a little while and is more of an annoyance than an actual injury.
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]

hibbo

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2008, 07:41:51 pm »
Not that it matters.

But it's definitely because my tongue pushes against my front teeth but only when i concentrate really hard.  I was learning some guitar and the same thing happened, lol.
The food in the 'Burns Unit' sucks
Haggis Neeps and Tatties

monkiatzu

« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2008, 02:58:53 am »
diaboloing becomes dangerous in different levels of diaboloing.
e.g if you were doing 5 diabolos high and sudenly your string breaks, theres a high chance of a sore head.
but thats a bit extreme.
things such as your arms hurting are actually good signs because it means your muscles have made micro tears which will repair after a few days leaving you with bigger,stronger muscles.
the more you diabolo in a day will equate to how tired you are. its a physical activity and all activities result in this.
i diabolo until im tired, which is longer and longer every day, then again some days i wake up tired so i dont diabolo much
its different for everyone
hope it helps

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2008, 03:07:09 am »
I never thought about that. You have a good point. Prime example would be 3 low edurance. At first 100ott seems like a stretch then its like nothing after a month (provided you can shuffle obviously)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Aaron Z

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2008, 06:38:13 am »
Your muscles don't get that burning sensation because they're tearing...

It's a build-up of Lactic acid, which tells you that not enough blood is going to your muscles to get oxygen there.
Once your body realizes this, it builds on those muscles so that they require less oxygen to operate, or more blood goes to them or something like that, I forget.

Just wikipedia search lactic acid.

monkiatzu

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2008, 07:46:12 am »
i think your right..
either way it makes your muscles bigger ;D

Squiggle

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2008, 09:40:23 am »
your arms hurting isn't a good sign...that's just silly.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2008, 09:58:11 am »
Jake and I learned that rescuing diabolos from cliffs and another place I'll keep a secret to surprise the collab. Can be painful. Wish I got Jake falling down the cliff on film.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

ryannn

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2008, 09:48:44 am »
the other day the not on my diabolo sticks came of as i was bouncing to get speed up and i poked my self in the eye with the stick, that really hurt

PPM

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2008, 11:29:20 am »
Never do vertax on an old and weak string…. One day I was practesing it, the string suddently tears (broke up, no idea if tears is the right term)… hited my face over the cheek up to the eye, luckly I have to wear glasses to see something and this saved my eye from a very painfull hit…

So never overuse your string for vertax!

JimmyCords.

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2008, 11:44:44 am »
Don't throw your diabolo into the big spikey bush next to where you diabolo. Hahahah I won this round spikey bush.
Jimmy - 1
Bush - 13
Say Whaaaat?