Author Topic: Distinguishing Finesse G2 and G3  (Read 3104 times)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
Distinguishing Finesse G2 and G3
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:58:13 pm »
Hey I just lost one of my diabolo's in a channel ( sluice ) ?

Anyways Its impossible to get it back and now I gotta order a new one..

But I must have a finesse g2! instead of g3! I'm gonna order from a circusshop in holland but now I gotta know how they can see the diffrence between g2 and g3.

Because they don't know if its a g2 or g3...

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Re: Distinguishing Finesse G2 and G3
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:04:55 pm »
JugglingStore.com had a thing where you could call them and ask for a G2 instead of a G3 if you needed one.

Or you could talk to Langerz about it he should have more than a few. If you really really need one my friend has two used ones.

And to actually answer your question, yes the G2 has one little mark or bump on the cup, and the G3 has 3 marks though they differ from either | | ||| to | || ||| I have both they seem to not have any difference in weight or quality but the big thing to remember is that G2 has one G3 has three
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

fasilevi

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 02:05:08 pm »
in the outside part of the cups (not where you do ufo grind, the edges)  the g3 looks like this:  l   ll   lll   
the g2 looks like this: l  ll

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 02:06:30 pm »
There has been some discussion before here or here.

Regarding those markings: also look here. Maybe all G3s have the lll but not necessarily the l, ll, and lll depending on the batch?

tipiphil

• Donator
Re: quick question about finesse g2 and g3!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 02:12:21 pm »
I'm fairly certain there was some pictures in the gallery showing the differences...

The only problem being that the gallery seems to have disappeared!!! Any chance of getting it back??

fasilevi

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 02:12:37 pm »
hmm yes i think some of them only have the l and lll the point is g2 doesn't have the lll

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 02:15:09 pm »
The only problem being that the gallery seems to have disappeared!
It's still here, just not integrated in the menu or the user database system. The author of the mod has been dragging his heels for months it appears (i.e. he's been very busy with other things). When I upgraded to SMF 2.0 he had posted it would be done within the week. We're still waiting. (looks like he had been saying that for many months before) Ah well. Hard to complain about free software, right?

Anyways - http://diabolo.ca/gallery

(I've also had some thoughts of moving over to a more tightly integrated gallery with SMF that might be better maintained. The author of the SMF-Gallery 2 mod also happens to run SMF though.)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 09:12:28 pm »
Thanks all for the fast reactions!

And ty Sean for editing it =)

I got one small question though, can you do 2d with a g2 and a g3 easily? Or can you feel the diffrence? Does anyone has some experience? I gotta know if I gotta buy 2 new ones or 1..

And btw if I buy a 2g finesse from like Langerz then I'm paying alot of shipping costs.. Because I have to import it :O

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 10:01:34 pm »
Yes you could do 2 diabolos with any 2 diabolos, but if you're looking to get 2 diabolos to learn and use for 2 diabolo work, you want 2 of the same diabolos. If money is an issue and you already have 1 G2, then get another G2. Otherwise get 2 G3s. I certainly wouldn't go out and buy 1 of each.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 11:14:08 pm »
Thanks all for the fast reactions!

And ty Sean for editing it =)

I got one small question though, can you do 2d with a g2 and a g3 easily? Or can you feel the diffrence? Does anyone has some experience? I gotta know if I gotta buy 2 new ones or 1..

And btw if I buy a 2g finesse from like Langerz then I'm paying alot of shipping costs.. Because I have to import it :O

are you in the US? my friend has a couple if you are. I only paid $10 USD for shipping from UK to US so just realize it's not a big killer
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 11:47:13 pm »
are you in the US? my friend has a couple if you are. I only paid $10 USD for shipping from UK to US so just realize it's not a big killer

Dutch ftw!?

I think I'll just buy 2 new g3's..

omeras828

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 12:34:15 pm »
you all right guys, and i have seen that the edges are a little different
check it out   

Will G

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 12:45:09 pm »
So are the G3s better or are they just as good. I just wondered cause i have 2 G3s and I'm buying 2 G2s can i use the G2s and a G3 for 3d or a G2 and a G3 for 2d