Author Topic: 10th Birmingham Circus Convention (UK)  (Read 11514 times)

Ed

10th Birmingham Circus Convention (UK)
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 10:16:51 pm »
I was just wondering Do you have to buy the tickets online ir can you buy them on the day at the convention?

The Void

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 12:21:34 am »
On the day will be fine, Ed.

Hope to see you all there, if I make it.

The Void
Higher! Lower! Higher!
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Spink

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 12:45:08 pm »
:D  :D  :D

I have just got a lift down with séan_ and Matt.

Looking forward to meeting you all there.
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Purplegirl

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2005, 10:49:50 pm »
I'll be the tall pig-tailed girly making a fool of myself with my diab :) easy to spot!

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 01:16:41 am »
and i'll be the fool on stage who hasn't yet got his diabolo routine sorted!  :D

David LH

fool? or fall?
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 09:32:22 am »
hehe and i will be the really cool guy who tries to balance 6 diabolos on his chin on stage and then falls off the stage!!!!!!  :wink:

dont think i will be attempting that one again, really wasnt the best idea. although saying that people seemed to be more impressed with the fact that i was still alive than by the trick! hehe

looking forward to this one, your show will be great steve. same as the last birmingham convention?
So thats how you do three diabolos!

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 10:52:47 am »
I didn't see you fall off stage, i did hear about it though,these things happen i guess. Na my show is gonna be different although its a day before and I still thinking up my routine, don't wanna do all the same stuff ya see. we'll see how it goes anyhow!

Ed

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 12:20:07 pm »
I will be the young person with 3 other friends, red and yellow finesse.
Do you think anyone would be willing to teach me the Vortex?
Should be good i want to get some finger grind kits there if they sell them :wink:

Purplegirl

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2005, 09:28:11 pm »
Great to meet you guys there and thanks for the tips too :D

With 3 hours sleep and a bad stomach I am surprised I took nobody's eyes out with my diab! Hence my early return having seen the renegade show but missing out on the following show...

Still... totally enjoyed my first convention and can't wait until the next one! Did someone say Leeds? :D

el_grimley

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2005, 09:35:49 pm »
Quote from: Purplegirl
Great to meet you guys there and thanks for the tips too :D

With 3 hours sleep and a bad stomach I am surprised I took nobody's eyes out with my diab! Hence my early return having seen the renegade show but missing out on the following show...

Still... totally enjoyed my first convention and can't wait until the next one! Did someone say Leeds? :D

no they said Salford ;)

I had an awful day at work and I am dead jelous of the lot of you. Any vids or pics?
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 12:22:49 am »
hey

thanks to everyone from the forum who came to the convention. the rest of the organisers were extremely pleased with the turnout.  

wish I had got to speak to you all for longer everyone seemed really kool. thanks to dave p for tryin help me with my three aswell. hope to see you all again soon, and i might actually make it to the diabolo workshop next time ;)

cheers

steve arnold

seán_

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 03:32:56 am »
just got back about half an hour ago having fulfilled my taxi duties in my new/old £100 dream machine :)

I had a great day. A pleasure as always to meet people from the forum and spending a period of time asking bemused pigtailed female diaboloists 'are you purple?'.

the Brum show reputation was upheld, some great juggling and some fine diabolo on stage by forum members David LH, and Norbi in the renegade and Arnie in the main show. Eek had the camera running for those I believe so we should have something coming.

David LH

great day
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 10:09:05 am »
what a cool convention!

the turnout of diaboloist seems to be getting stronger and stronger!

i wonder how many more there are hidden away in the woodwork?

great day learnt some cool new tricks, hehe and learnt/remembered some cool "old school" ones (thanks Matt).

great show, well done steve brilliant as always.

cant wait till the next convention

David LH

ps. i will pull that trick next time  :wink:
So thats how you do three diabolos!

Ed

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 11:41:59 am »
I really enjoyed my self it was so fun, and thanks very much to everyone who tried to help me learn new tricks, i can almost do the vortex now i've done it twice :D  so far and the 3 diabolo wrap start is slowly improving although i think i'll stick with 2 for a bit longer :wink:. Renegade was so cool, and the shows they were awsome I was totaly amazed at how good everyone was :shock: !

Overall it was excellent and everyone was so kind!

Thanks so much to everyone everyone was so helpfull.

Bye

Ed
Good luck on that trick next time David  :)

seán_

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 04:02:34 pm »
Cool on the vortex Ed, I wasn't sure if what I told you was going to hold you back or help you on that :)

We expect you and the rest of the young uns to be teaching us all some stuff at future conventions

Ed

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2005, 04:43:37 pm »
Lol, Us teach you! Impossible!

Yes the vortex tips were helpfull i tried to keep it relaxed, a bit slower and more of a right hand movement and success! Minute ago i decided to give the vortex a quick blast and 1st time!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2005, 05:33:14 pm »
well everyone else said the same thing, but hey that's what this thread is about. The convention rocked, loads of great diabolo, although juggled almost all day until about an hour before renegade when i thought i had better work out which tricks i wanted to do.

Great to see you all again, it's probably going to be a while now, next conventions this year for me are Berlin, IJA, Crawley, and probably WJF (and glastonbury, but thats not really a convention) They take up all (and more) of my expenses.

Show was awesome, shame about Robin's trouble with the countdown trick, it looks awesome when it works. Steve Arnold's routine was very slick and professional (as it should be really  :wink: ) and although he was doing it for jugglers, maybe leave out the 3 attempts until they are 95% in practice becuase then they'll be about 75% on stage (better then the 0% you displayed  :wink: ) just a thought* oh and Robin wasnt offended by the way. Joe was a good show off, although you could see he had put that routine together that morning. Rob and Anetta (sp?) was interesting, but i really liked it. What can i say about Rawlins, hilarious start to finish, and to keep an audience for a good 20 minutes without looking at them (wine balance) is nuts.

Take it easy.

Norbi
--------------------------------
http://www.norbithejuggler.co.uk
norbi@norbithejuggler.co.uk

*dont take offence, i am not being mean, but it almost ruined an awesome routine. If you had come on without music, had a go at 3 high, got a nice 10 catches (or dropped them all) and then stopped and did your routine it would have been great. But to finish on a tangle, and then untangle it and finish on a dropped 3 low (after a few attempts) even for a juggling audience is a pretty weak way to finish. I hope you know i am just trying to help.

~Nor

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 08:20:36 pm »
hi norbi,

yeh i agree in some ways, unfortunately i had a couple of problems with sticks and strings on my three and it was my only opportunity to try out three in front of people so i wanted to give it a go even tho i didnt get it.  i thought my three high would have been better but like you say its one of those things as soon as your up in front of people the skill level drops.
i'm normally in front of people who don't have a clue so do my riverdance routine which to be honest is a piece of piss technically but is more about how it goes with the music.  i'm not used to trying out stuff i don't normally do in my show but am working hard to advance technically but its a gradual process.

however, sometimes you got to push the boat out and give it your best shot and i did so i came off with a smile on my face, rather that than do an easier routine (for me anyway) and feel like i had tried harder stuff. i appreciate ur not just being mean so no worries there.

i know robin wasn't offended but once again, my apologies, he said he didn't hear but still just like to point out i wasn't being bitchy, he is a great juggler, i watched his routine from the side and was very impressed.

The Void

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2005, 12:38:37 am »
Quote from: el_grimley
Any vids or pics?

Uh huh.
Try this for sighs

The Void
http://www.juggler.net/bungayballsup
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

seán_

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2005, 12:49:28 am »
Yay, I've been waiting for them. Its allways been an enjoyable part or the post convention thing for me.

'Forum quorum' outstanding