Author Topic: Fariu's FEDC02 routine (2005)  (Read 10807 times)

fariu

Fariu's FEDC02 routine (2005)
« on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:07 pm »
Hi!
Thanks for Sean and Martijn, I release my FEDC routine video.
Here are two links.

[links offline]

Please enjoy!
I want to make my routine better, so I want your opinion!

Thanks!
Takashi ”fariu” Otsuka・・・Japanese Juggler

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:17:54 pm »
I'll just jump in and mention that Fariu's routine is definitely worth watching. The routine just keeps getting better throughout - the final 1 diabolo section is stunning. Some great original stick throwing and finger grinding moves, near perfect timing with the music, and a well choreographed routine.

Don't miss the ending!

Great job Fariu. :D

Spooned

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 09:54:14 pm »
:shock:  I love it, the only thing i would say that you could do is to catch the suicides where you try to kick it back up to your hand. The rest was amazing, esp the 1d suicide section and the part where you caught it between your legs. I also liked the way you broke up the flow of the routine with the hand grinds. Awesome. Keep it up.
Diabolo or Diablo

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 10:42:33 pm »
Some original stuff in your routine fairu! Nice suicides. I like the cradle between your legs :wink: Fun that you begin with 3, then 2 and end with 1 diabolo. Seems so obvious, but I don't think I've saw someone do that before.

Keep it up!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

jw

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 10:46:11 pm »
Loved the suicide-music-synchronised part, really great.
Tthat ain't nice for the fortune cookie I always charge you twice.
Delivery is free but not from me I always want a dolla fifty.

diabololi

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 11:07:07 pm »
That was beautiful  :) .
Perfectly synchronized and some lovely original tricks there.
*goes off to try the fingergrind to duicide*

Oli

kragen

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 02:51:22 am »
That was very good - I'm a great admier of suicides - those were excelent, what a classy way of getting into around the leg! :D

The suicides syncronised with the music was also amazing.

Another thing I really liked was the finger grinds - in particualr the ones where you only actualy touched the diabolo for a few moments to flick it back in another direction.

Altogether an amazing selection of tricks - best of all, they were strung together very smoothly.

I was very intrested that you went straight into 3 diabolo and then down to 2 and then 1 - its a different way of doing things that I hadnt thought of, im not sure if it works or not, the great thing about going from 1 onto multiple diabolo is that initially newcomers to diabolo cant quite get their head around how 2 diabolo on 1 string works, on the other hand, 2 diabolo tricks can seem a little slow after a very fast paced impressive 1 diabolo routine like you did there.

Alltogether im very impressed - thanks for putting that on the web :D
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Purplegirl

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 06:13:25 am »
Very impressive :)

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 09:13:38 pm »
hi

would also like to say what a great routine this is both as a jugglers routine and i think the general public would find this entertaining aswell. my only thought was maybe to finish on three diabolos, rather than start on it.  although this is a refreshing idea to start on 3 i think it may confuse the non-cultured audience members and trivialise the one diabolo stuff however amazing it is.  

this is only being constructive criticism and in no way detracts from one of the best routines i have seen, just think that if the idea is to sell this routine, which by the looks of the choreography, it is, then it might be better to put the three diabolos on the end. start strong, fill the middle with good-ish stuff then finish on a high is the general rule but hey rules are there to be broken i spose.

steve arnold

fariu

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 04:08:34 pm »
Thank you for commenting! :D

>arnie

Yes, I also think finishing with 3 is better for non-juggler.
Thank you!

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 04:21:09 pm »
I like to see acts that don't go 1, 2, 3.  I guess it's a speed thing - 3 high is obviously big and impressive, but 1 diabolo stuff is so much faster than most 2 or 3 tricks.  I think it can be more exciting for an audience.

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 04:32:01 pm »
got to agree there barnesy (sp!) :>

what about 2 diabolo fans and sprinklers? they are pretty fast and impressive, I think some 2 diabolo stuff has moved on to a point now where it can be fast and exciting

Hoop

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 09:22:28 pm »
Wow!  Wonderful routine.  Otsukasan is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.  I have to take a diabolo world tour soon.  I will start in California to visit Matt Hall, fly to Japan to see Yabesan and Otsukasan, stop in France to see TMFP, pick up some Henry's in Germany, then bring all of my footage and stories(and a couple of things from Henry's) to Canada so Sean can post them.  Anyone else want to go?

w35ku

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 09:39:24 pm »
Nice video Fairu, I have seen you in IJA 2004 and that video, do u have a homepage ?

want more vids :P
Forum: Zuko @ www.zuko.tk
You can find:
Juggling
Multiplex Juggling
And Diabolation

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 11:10:37 pm »
Quote from: Hoop
.... fly to Japan to see Yabesan and Otsukasan, stop in France to see TMFP...

Might wanna drop in on Ryo and Makky while your there.

i love how people say 'stop in___' as if its a small town, the FP live all over France, it sont be A stop.  It's like when i say i live in England someone from America says "oh cool, so does my Auntie, do you know_____" (lol, maybe not that bad, but if you've had it you know what i mean)

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 11:42:30 pm »
nice routine  :D with some very good idea
to be or not to be that is or that is Not the question...

Hoop

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 03:54:06 am »
Norbi, I think Ryo is the Yabesan I was talking about.  :)   And how could I have forgotten you?!!!  I will have to "stop in" and see you too.  You are my suicide hero.  The way I learned infinite suicides was to pretend I was you and whistle the A-team theme song!!!  It worked.   :D   I was showing it to a neighborhood kid and I said "this is called suicide."  I messed up and hit myself in the leg and the kid said, "Now I know why!"   :oops:

Mattias

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 08:00:32 am »
Yabesan=Rya Yabe, no? :) (bleisk, man im slow...)
But definately Makky, my favorite diabolist at the moment, so fast...
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 02:50:36 pm »
Quote from: Hoop
Norbi, I think Ryo is the Yabesan I was talking about.  :)   And how could I have forgotten you?!!!  I will have to "stop in" and see you too.  You are my suicide hero.  The way I learned infinite suicides was to pretend I was you and whistle the A-team theme song!!!

Oops, i feel a little silly now, that was so obviously (but you still forgot Makky  :wink: )
Thanx for the compliment, not sure about A-Team, i dont remember doing anything to that (although interestingly i do sing the theme tune whever i am trying hard stuff)

Hoop

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 05:37:43 pm »
Norbi, I have a video called D2.mov.     I'm pretty sure it's you, and not many others encode with quicktime.  ;)   It looks like you are doing genocides and suicides, and the A-team theme is playing.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005, 06:32:27 pm »
ah yes, i forget all the videos i make (i have made a lot more, but not released them [and it appears that they dont even seem to be on my computer anymore either] so its hard to keep track, especially as that one is relatively old) But yeh i checked it out, its the A-team mix by DJ Shadow, it rocks.

I'll film a bunch of awesome stuff soon for you guys, what this space (ok not this one because its not mine, i'll make my own space when i have a vid for you guys)

Check ya self.

Peace

fariu

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 03:45:32 am »
Japanese word "san" is like English word "Mr." or "Ms.".
Use like this....

>w35ku san

I have homepage, but it's only Japanesse sentense and no video.
My ball juggling routine is in Club Renegade Buffalo 2004 DVD.

>Hoop san

diabolo world tour :shock:
really!?
In near Tokyo, there are many diabolists.
Makky, Ryo, and diabolists maybe you don't know.
I want to know your tour in detail!

w35ku

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 11:31:45 am »
Cheers, Fairu, make a the homepage  like you can choose of languages, english and japanse.. There are many people here who wants to see your homepage =)
Forum: Zuko @ www.zuko.tk
You can find:
Juggling
Multiplex Juggling
And Diabolation

Hoop

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 02:07:36 pm »
Fariu san,  :)    My diabolo world tour is more of a wish.  I would love to go on one if someone made it happen though!  I was going to come to Tokyo this summer to watch UFC, but it will be near my home instead!  Do you know UFC?  It is like Pride in Japan, the fighting event.   Anyway, I will still come to Tokyo at some point and I would love to meet you and the other diabolo players there.  I love your style!

Llama_Bill

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 04:36:55 pm »
Is there some where I could get the other FEDC02 routines because I really like the ones I've seen.
Bill.

wes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 03:15:28 am »
Quote from: w35ku
Cheers, Fairu, make a the homepage like you can choose of languages, english and japanse.. There are many people here who wants to see your homepage =)

Hi, fariu san. I agree with w35ku san on your site. Why don't you translate into English(or other languages)? of course your diary!  :mrgreen:

Hoop, do you know PRIDE? I also know UFC, Ultimate Fighting Championship, right? I don't do fighting but watch them fighting on TV sometimes (sometimes, sometimes...) If you visit any prefectures in Japan, there may be some diabolists (especially many diabolists in and around Tokyo), of course in Hokkaido :D

Llama_Bill, some people show thier FEDC02 videos. I show you one of them, but I don't know whether he agrees with me to show this website.
http://www.geocities.jp/daidogeiyusa/
If he doesn't, I will have to edit this thread.  Makky ought to have other FEDC02 routine videos, but he's been busy these days and may be unable to show them on here now. What do you think about this, fariu?

Hoop

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 05:27:31 am »
Hey Wes,  next time I go to Japan, I will be going to Sapporo first and staying there the longest with some friends.  I will definitely try to meet you then.  I love Pride and I went to the last UFC in Tokyo.