Author Topic: Anyone else having wrist problems?  (Read 1457 times)

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
Anyone else having wrist problems?
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:19:48 pm »
My wrist is killing me. It's my non-dominant hand and I've had problems with it for as long as I've done diabolo. Usually it doesn't bother me, but every now and then my left wrist hurts a bit. Usually it's not bad enough to be a problem, but now I'm really concerned about it. It was a bit sore the other day before I started my diabolo session, but during that session I managed to make it much worse. Now it's so bad that I don't want to do anything juggling related, because I don't want to make it worse.

The reason I'm posting this here, is because I want to know if this is a usual diabolo related problem or is it something else. So, has anyone else had similar problems? I think I'm going to see the doctor anywho...

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Anyone else having wrist problems?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 03:25:27 pm »
Yeap, it's very common:
Is diaboling dangerous? (overuse injuries)
Hand pains (actually goes into wrists lots)

I might merge this into one of those... haven't decided yet.

I, for one, am in a constant battle with wrist overuse injuries caused by diaboloing and typing.

Definitely heed the wise advice offered by some in those other threads. Rest and recover early and work slowly back into it. Consider if some gear makes it easier on your wrists. Catch it early and there's much less of a chance of it becoming chronic and harder to solve.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
Re: Anyone else having wrist problems?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:14:15 pm »
Sorry about starting a new thread. I forgot about those topics.