Author Topic: IJC 2009 (israeli juggling convention) the video!  (Read 4370 times)

omeras828

IJC 2009 (israeli juggling convention) the video!
« on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:56 am »
IJC 2009 (israeli juggling convention)

please watch in high quality
filmed and edited by: omer munk

i will tell a little on the convention:
it is a 5 days convention (but everybody stays only 4 days)
its hot, and not too hot, so you can be outside...
there are many shows for little kids...
and there are 3 official shows: the special show, the israeli shot, and the international show.
the special show: "Manipulations" - Itsik Orr and Ron Beeri, 40 minutes
Two figures tries to set up a meal but the daily props around them surprisingly, virtuosic and amusingly disrupting their plans. A non words show which combines high level circus techniques, live music on original music instruments, motion, rythem and humor.

and the second half of the speicial show:
Matthias Romir: "Life is...(Short Stories)":
"Life is...(Short Stories)" is a compilation of older and recent works by Matthias Romir. Visual short stories losely connected and intensified by short video clips and projections. These stories tell about the life of a man, struggeling with everyday┬┤s obstacles and slightly turning mad. "Stories taken from my life, or from other creatures lives, in which I recognise myself, maybe you will recognise yourself also, from time to time." Juggling as a form of expression between concrete and abstract, quiet and loud, silly and sad.

the israeli show:show hall
The Israeli gala will showcase the best in Israeli juggling talent today, each presenting his or her strongest number. The preliminary lineup already suggests a wide variety of artistic and technical styles. Classical high technique juggling will be well represented, as well as creative approaches and original props.

the show was great! many people participate like : Ofek Shilton, Bar Mualem, Skot (i dont remember last name), and many little kids about 8 years - 10 years old that can do 5 clubs and 5 balls siteswaps and many more...
it was very cool!

the international show : Monday 13.4.09 at 18:30 and 20:30, show hall
One of the convention's highlights is the international Gala show.
Like every year, all our guest artists from all around the world get together to put up an amazing full lenght show.
The show will take place in a professional theatre.

thats show???? was awesomeee!!! best show ever!! the people that takes part in that show was: Matthias Romir, Lena Kohn(a women that can do many 3D tricks, like over the arm and... many feeds... she is awesome! alexander kulakuv ( rings guy), Mike Rolins ( a great juggler and a very funny guy!), Ronan McLoughlin, luis villeska, Le BoTrio, Carlos Munoz and more people...

it was an olympic juggling games... it was very fun! and funny! and hard...
like many combat games, and indurance.... awesome :)

and many more fun things! oh and also extremely low prices stuff...
every body should come! :)
also guests from other countries are treated well...

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
Re: IJC 2009 (israeli juggling convention) the video!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:44:22 pm »
The one handed wrap over start was sexy

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:02:48 pm »
The one handed wrap hover start was sexy
Hello new 4D start

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:04:52 pm »
Once again I ask "What do they put in the water in Israel?" Wow. The number of highly talented youth always blows me away.

Dekel, that 3d cascade is looking stupid solid. So 5 high is the new 4 high, eh?

noel

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 02:16:02 pm »
yes, that was amazing

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 02:20:40 pm »
The 3D double wrap pass thingy that dekel does is bloody difficult!!

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 02:55:43 pm »
that looked like a fun convention. Would have been nice to see some more low stuff that wasn't 3 diabolo tricks we've all seen before. Do people in israel only really work on numbers?

omeras828

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 06:29:59 pm »
that looked like a fun convention. Would have been nice to see some more low stuff that wasn't 3 diabolo tricks we've all seen before. Do people in israel only really work on numbers?
well most of them no, dekel and ofek are the only who workes on numbers...
dekel is less, cuz he can do many tricks.
but yea only dekel and ofek working on numbers, no one else can do even 4 high, well meybi another 10 years old guy that can do 3 high meybi 10 catches, but thats all...
most of us training on tricks

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 06:39:40 pm »
That we've all seen before? id never seen 3D hover in one hand before, never seen a cascade that solid before, never seen wrap every pass normally, ive only ever seen it under a throw and ive never seen 3 diabolo stealing like that (right handed to left handed player)

Janey

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 07:29:58 pm »
israel ruleeeezzz
nice video, awesome convention, awesome tricks.

Ethan

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 10:50:43 pm »
thats sweet! awesome skills!
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

Robski

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 11:20:58 pm »
Yay IJC!! such a fun convention.
Glad every one likes my 3d one handed hover (BTW I wasn't informed being shot (not that i care...) and I did manage to keep a shuffle going)  :)