Author Topic: IJA 2005  (Read 12862 times)

Chiok

• Donator
IJA 2005
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2005, 06:26:17 pm »
Fair enough I guess, there is definitely respect flowing throughout, which is commendable.  But how awesome is that!?  You do what you love to do, you win, you get prize money, and you manage to buy a ring for your wife with a diamond the size of a racoon's brain that you bought with the money you won doing what you love!  That is just the absolute American (or anywhere infact) Dream!  Maybe my girlfriend would like juggling more if it bought her pretty things...

Chiok
p.s congratulations on the wedding btw, couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow.
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

iHelix

IJA 2005
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2005, 09:41:20 pm »
Hey matt, I was on the phone with Rory every day at least once during IJA, and when he told me you beat Ryo, I meant to have him give you mad props from me, but forgot to with all that he was telling me.  I know I speak for both Rory and Myself when I tell you that we look up to you both as a Juggler/Diabolist and as a person of good character.  Sadly, i missed jugglefest here in Austin so I havnt met you yet.  That aside, congrats, and hope to see you here in February.

juggleBG

IJA 2005
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2005, 10:46:19 pm »
Hey Norbi.  Luke Wilson is an amazing club juggler.  His stuff is really inventive and visually interesting (not to mention difficult).  I just don't see how Vova could lose as his routine was flawless except for one broken combination.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
IJA 2005
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2005, 03:52:26 pm »
maybe the judges are bored of seeing Vova do 720s into alberts and would rather see something new and interesting.

juggleBG

IJA 2005
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2005, 04:32:09 pm »
:D
Guess thats a better explanation than I have.

Sean

• Administrator
IJA 2005
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 03:03:56 pm »
Anyone know who this diaboloist in the cascade of stars show is? Check the pictures before and after this one for more. Does North America have a female diabolo star that I'm not aware of?

barnesy

• Administrator
IJA 2005
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 03:43:09 pm »
Meike Fromm, possibly? (not to be confused with Maike Aerden/Venus)  I've not seen her for several years if it is her, but that's who I first thought it might be.

edit -  Confused rambling snipped :)

Matt

• VotW Contributor
IJA 2005
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 05:02:42 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure Barnsey's right on this one.  I met her in Seattle this year, where she performed her club routine.  She introduced herself as having a Japanese name, "Mika", but I suspect it's the pronunciation of her German name Meike.  She is German, that much I'm sure.  She hung out with Lisa, Mick (of Dew Drop Jugglers), Kirstin, Sam and me on our little patch o' carpet in the gym.  She always needed my diabolo wrenches for her Renegades, which kept falling apart.  Luckily, that didn't happen onstage.  I actually didn't watch her act too much because Jay's ensemble piece was on next and we were all backstage being hyper.  We heard the Renegades hitting the stage from time to time....and I did see her put 3 up at the end for a bit.  It was a droppy night for everyone.  My ball routine....whew...ugly.  It was the perfect ironic twist that right after I had stunk it up onstage solo, they make me go out and accept the Peoples Choice.  I felt like asking for a recount  :oops:

So, Meike is here in the U.S. presently, and I believe she's based in New York and has recently finished the credentialing process to become a public school teacher and/or substitute.  Congrats to her for joining the ranks!  

Matt

PS  On another completely different topic, how about an mpg version of that new excalibur vid Sean-san?   :D I got Yabe's one around the legs going last night.  It's tougher than it looks, but doable.
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

Urlich

IJA 2005
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2006, 05:17:42 pm »
<temporarily removed for editing of personal and off topic information> -July 26, 2006. Sean
Ulrich Bildl
Law Firm