Author Topic: Leeds Juggling Convention 2008  (Read 7013 times)

nev

• Donator
Re: Leeds Juggling Convention 2008
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 08:48:41 pm »
Yeah, Sean_ talked to me about the show too, so I guess there is one.

But now I see Spink is going I think I might just stay at home instead.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Walton

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 02:30:21 pm »
We've had problems sorting out the venue for the performance, the venue we did have booked cancelled on us.  We are currently seeing a new venue for the show but nothing is confirmed yet.  So there is a posibility that there will not be a show but if there is tickets will be one or two pound more for the show.

The Void

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 09:34:10 pm »
A show has been confirmed here on RJ, so I should be there.

The Void
Stalling
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 12:53:12 pm »
Almost forgot to ask - if anyone coming has old string to bring, or swaps out old string on the day, I'm still collecting it. Feel free to find me and add to the collection.

See you guys tomorrow :)

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 10:51:13 pm »
Argh, double post - but worth it.

Convention was fun - good to see some people I haven't seen since March. Good times in the German Market with Luc learning how cheese is inserted directly into the sausage (ingenious!).

Also, I proved that it is now a viable alternative to throw the diabolo while in vertax when playing diabolo in the box. Works well when the box is shallow and lets all properly thrown diabolos bounce right out. Also managed to defend my 3d endurance title against Zack and Marc this year.

Wish I'd been able to see more of the show, but from what I heard a lot of the acts were great (especially Tiff and Josh). Ben Beever is also a treat to watch. Big thanks and respect to Sean_ for putting the show together.

All in all, good final convention of the season. Thanks to Tom and his Uni society as well as the Hubaloo (dunno how they spell it) crew, especially Alice and Alistair.

Luc

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 12:39:41 pm »
Good times indeed: The closeness of the German market is certainly worth remembering for next year.

I, like most, appear to have suffered from "2008 went too fast and didn't tell me" syndrome so I haven't spun up much since March. That made Leeds a nice reminder for me of how much I enjoy balancing overgrown yoyos on string.

I make an effort to learn something new at every convention. This time I learnt that I need to leave significantly more time to get to the train station for the last one back to Wakefield when I have a Spink in tow.

The wife was not amused; though it was perhaps an error in judgement on my part when, having got back as far as Wakefield and there being no more public transport I said to myself "I'm not paying for a taxi, I'ts only 12 miles to Hemsworth and the average adult walks at four miles an hour; I'll be home for three no problem".
monkey see... monkey do.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 11:43:04 pm »
http://www.juggling.tv/vaults/view_video.php?viewkey=2036423013a5d965db9a

Not really diabolo related as much as Leeds Convention related. Still amazingly fun to watch - I had to miss watching so many acts from staying warmed up back stage :(

Andy

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 06:16:55 pm »
good convention mostly.. and good to see people. though i must admit i didnt learn anything cos i didnt try. bah. also if anyone know anyone that picked up a purple fly, i'd be grateful for it back! it was over in the corner of the hall and disappeared...
:( im going to go cry until my new suns arrive.