Author Topic: Diaboloing by the Numbers  (Read 1618 times)

Y3K

Diaboloing by the Numbers
« on: December 20, 2008, 11:46:09 pm »
I've been reading a book called A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe, which talks about how numbers, shapes, and specific quantities affect structure and design in the universe, and I was inspired to write about where numbers are found in the diabolo and diaboloing. I'll add to the list as it grows:

1: one diabolo, the diabolo's axle is seen as the uniting point of the two cups, the minimun number of sticks to constantly hold (infinite suicides)
2: diabolo sides, types of suns (clockwise and counterclockwise, types of trapezes (regular and inverse)
3: 2 sticks and one diabolo interacting
4: possible low diabolo limit?, 4-point vertax
5:
6: the number of trick classifications I made: grinds, knots, orbits, body movements, suicides, whips
7:
8: types of wraps, 8-point vertax
9:
10:

I'm probably going to get complaints about the trick classifications, but they work for me.
www.wakeupfreakout.org   Wake Up, Freak Out--then Get a Grip.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diaboloing by the Numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 08:33:30 am »
Nah. I will rather make note about the four point vertax than classifications. Make it 8 points. 4 is true but in every space you can do vertax with diabolo spinning in two ways.  I just haven't updated tutorials ;) 8 points makes everything just much more cool and a lot harder.

Fun to number stuff.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diaboloing by the Numbers
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:12:12 am »
You might find this a good read
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''