Author Topic: Dutch Juggling Convention 2009  (Read 14426 times)

shalafi

Re: Dutch Juggling Convention 2009
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2009, 09:36:22 am »
Not really a complain about the show but I was so tired, the seats were so comfortable, low light and slow music in some acts made me sleepy. It is not a complain about the acts, I was just too tired.

The shows were designed for non-juggling audience and that made them special, not focusing only on the tricks but also in the characters and the music.

I loved Roel's act, I think is one of the most original shows I've ever seen, but I got the feeling that it could be even better. And yes, Marijke was also amazing. All the acts were good.
From lost to the River

donald grant

• Donator
Re: Dutch Juggling Convention 2009
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2009, 08:40:24 pm »
Finally got back home to Scotland on Saturday night, so I guess it's about time to add a quick HLGCB from myself....

Highs: Great convention site, camping nearby, organised organisation!
          Plenty of sunshine (contrary to popular belief, we Scots are not allergic to it!)
          Finally meeting and playing with Arjan, Martijn, Ceri-Anne, Roul, and more:
          all lovely people!
          Midnight cheese snacks in the caravan.
          Nice lazy Sunday workshop, with extra "lamp-post come-and-try" session.
          Spotlight's new "soft-boiled" silicone balls, all the feel and response with about
          40% rebound.  I like 'em!
          Martijn's over the nose trick!

Lows:  KLM tried to send my bags to Phoenix, Arizona.
          Missed most of the open stage due to kendamaing (my fault!)
          Having my music stopped half way through the first show.
          The flood that shut the gym on Saturday night, just after we got back from the
          theatre.

Goal:  Meet people, learn stuff, have fun.  Checkity, check check.

Crush:  Had to be the caravan they got for me.  Pocket-sized and very, very cute! 
            Complete with diabolo-shaped name poster on the door!!

Bane:  Nothing springs to mind.  I was going to say the beer running out on Saturday night, but on reflection that was probably a good thing for me.

All in all, a great convention.  Many thanks to the organisers for inviting me over; I'd happily recommend it to anyone!

Oh, and apologies to Duncan for having to watch me on stage for the third time this year.

Donald