Author Topic: What's this trick called? (Loopicide or mini duicide?)  (Read 4210 times)

Marden117

What's this trick called? (Loopicide or mini duicide?)
« on: May 06, 2005, 03:18:11 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm new to diabolo having only started a few days ago and so I'm still learning all the terminology for tricks and stuff but I don't know what the name for this trick is and so I'm hoping someone here might help me.
I think it's a suicide type trick because I let go of the sticks (both) but I start it from the loop (?) Forgive me if I used the wrong terminology but I labelled it loopicide until someone helps me witht the correct name.

Link:
http://www.freewebs.com/multiplex/loopicide.avi

AVI - 480kb
Thanks to anyone who can help me.

~ Dan

Ifrit

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 09:03:59 am »
i cant watch avi.s at this point in time but by the sounds of it its a sun to duicide if as you say you let go of both sticks. but hey this is just a guess.

seán_

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 10:53:13 am »
the loop mentioned is as in 'loop and hook' that some people use to set up for a whipcatch. so you have both sticks in one hand, release them both as if they are one stick in a suicide.
I have seen / done it before but havent a clue what it should be called. I shy away from using duicide in the name. I like the name loopicide but it might have another one allready.
Theres a nice variation you can try Dan of catching one of the suicided sticks and allowing the other one to keep swinging, that will leave you back with the diabolo in its normal position (or ready for some other madness)

Welcome to the forum Dan, I look forward to seeing some diabolo multiplex stuff in time :)

The Void

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 03:45:28 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's called a mini-duicide. I think it's in one of Donald's books, but I can't recall.

The Void
Brum-bound
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Matt Pang

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 05:15:18 pm »
I believe you are right Void!  8)