Author Topic: Diabolo equipment and planes?  (Read 4999 times)

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo equipment and planes?
« on: May 07, 2005, 10:59:05 pm »
Was just wondering, there's no problem taking aluminium sticks onto planes with your hand luggage is there?
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

Mattias

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 11:21:50 pm »
Not when me and Moe flew to gothenburg, but sweden doesnt have that high flight security, but you should be all right, I think that they just take sharp objects away from you.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 05:28:05 am »
last month i flew to japan with my diabolo and aluminum sticks. i didn't even get questioned about them.

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 09:53:46 am »
Nice one, didn't fancy another one of those "searches"  :shock:
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 06:24:28 pm »
Well i know that from/to america people couldnt bring their sticks in their handluggage. I on the other hand could take mine becuase back then i was using wood.
So i could play diab in the airports, which the Frenchies couldnt do  :wink:  except brainy kid here thought he had a set in his bag on the way back and put his 'spare' set in his suitcase, only to find out in Vegas airport when Trash asked me for a go that i had put my ONLY set of sticks in my suitcase becuase i had snapped my first set on the first day of WJF somehow (cant remember how, just remember having bits of broken stick in my hotel room.

seán_

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 06:34:31 pm »
Quote from: ronnie2tone
Nice one, didn't fancy another one of those "searches"  :shock:

'just because you bring your own rubber gloves, it doesn't mean you are allowed to search them as well!'  - words of wisdom from Steve Rawlings turn at the Brum show.

Someone sugested that I use  military surplus mortar shell cases to carry my diabolos in, I dread to think how they'd react to that in customs :)

Norbis idea of keepin your main set and spare set seperate makes sense.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 08:04:38 pm »
well if you're really paranoid about it just put it in your main bag and check it. you can bring anything on the plane as long as its checked (knives, guns, swords, diabolo sticks). but like i said, i brought my stuff from america to japan and back and didnt even get questioned. they even let me keep my shoes on :D